Wat is the current situation in Northern Thai?

Sep 19, 2006
Hi,
I'm planning to ride up to Northern Thai from south in 2 weeks time. Will be in Chiangmai, Chiang Saen, MHS within the next couple of weeks. Reading abt the flood situations in central Thailand, wat is the current situation in Chiangmai, in particular the town itself? understand that the route up from south, chai nat, nakhon sawan are affected by the floods. how bad is it and are the routes passable at all as of now?
would appreciate the information as i cant get much updates from where i am. mite reconsider the ride if its that worst.

Thanks.

POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

rene-s

Aug 3, 2005
As far as chiangrai-Chiangsaen there are no problems, the roads are good to drive, and no floods.
Rgds, Rene.

Sep 19, 2006
Thks Rene for the info. was quite concern upon hearing news of floods in n around thailand n myanmar. looking forward to be there in a few days time.

Snail

Subscribed
Nov 2, 2005
Cnx
I rode from Pattaya thru Bkk to Chiang Mai 5 days ago. There was a couple of streets in Bkk where there was standing water for a few hunderd metres but nothing more. No drama at all. The highway from Chiang Mai down to Bkk has no flooding at all althought there are several vast area's beside the road where the water is still a metre or so deep, there was no flooding at all on the road.. The new by-pass around Nakon Sawan is underwater but the "old" main road right through town is OK.
There are heaps of road works going on just North of Bkk where the road is being widened from 2 lanes each way to 4 lanes each way. Busy so be alert.
And further north, between Tak and Thoen there are chunks of tarmac missing leaving a few nasty potholes, one of which I hit and maganged to bend the rear suspension strut on the Ducati! So just watch out and don't try to skim over the holes at 170kph as I did. It doesn't work..............

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, then I'd rather be completely f***ing mental

Sep 19, 2006
Snail,
thanks for the update. very much in time for my ride up this weekend. hopefully no major obstacles along the way up. Thanks!