Wedding not bike related

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I do certainly hope to see a lot of bikers here. Besides no one I would rather share this with then you guys, so a little forgiveness please.

The big day is tomorrow and we have our village wedding so I'm marrying her twice once for the government and once for her. :lol: What can I say hard to keep a good ride partner. :wink:

Lots of planning went into this already about two months worth. But, things are coming together today and the insanity is now in high gear.

Yep got to cool peoples thirst

w-9.jpg

w-7.jpg

Table and chairs arrived yep I can see ten farrangs sitting around these tiny tables sent back for ten more hopefully that will be enough
W-1.jpg

A local school let us use their tables to sit the food on
w-3.jpg

w-5.jpg

The local Wat let us use some of their things. We will have three stoves going one for the Thai food. A grill for the burgers supplied by Harry's bar. Just heat the meat a bit and melt cheese on them if people want it. Another to keep the baked Beans hot.
w9.jpg

Yep a bit of a rest break definetly time for that

w2.jpg

already bee told to get a haircut by two Thai's guess I better get one
Party starts at 1800 and the feed bag at 1830 :roll:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ray, all the best for your wedding party and good luck with your marriage !!!! Hope a lot of fellow riders turn up; sorry I can't join. Just worry about the PVC chairs, ever had Marco or me sit in one ?? Takes just one shift of bodyweight and then they are gone :oops: 5555. Good Luck on your big day 2morrow !!!! Cheers, Franzz

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ray
Congratulations & have a good one.
If I remember rightly October is "wedding month" for lots of Northern Thais & Lao. So you're right in there with the local traditions - good man.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Wives from a Villahe 60 Klms from Chaing Rai devious little creatures aren't they :lol:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Franz wrote: Ray, all the best for your wedding party and good luck with your marriage !!!! Hope a lot of fellow riders turn up; sorry I can't join. Just worry about the PVC chairs, ever had Marco or me sit in one ?? Takes just one shift of bodyweight and then they are gone :oops: 5555. Good Luck on your big day 2morrow !!!! Cheers, Franzz
Conrats Ray and hope you have happy times ahead of you and remember the wedding night then,,,,,,,

Sorry tht i cant make it there even i was planned but my bike is still not yet in 1 piece...
Yes Franz is correct of those plastic chairs,, i have flying or falling from those quite few times...

Have fun and enjoy, it's your time to Shine now man....

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Thanks guys heck I might even drink a few of those beers myself, never know :lol:

Oct 17, 2006
Ray, all the happiness to both of you !!!

With just a bit forewarning I would have shown up to take the bride on a village ride in my sidecar. I will miss a great party and you some wedding photos.

Happy Wedding !!

Milo

Mar 7, 2009
Congratulations Ray! Sorry I couldn't make it, will catch up with you when we return from tour.

Jun 5, 2008
All the best Ray for the big event,sorry I could not make it over,a medical issue cropped up.
Would have liked to help you with the large stock of beer ! :lol:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
You know guys that was a very humbling experience. First to have so many people that we had contact with come and share this very special day wuth us, Was amazing.

This was all new to me I wondered why we had heart with a slot in the top. well when they opened that bugger up, there 12K baht inside it. Some of them were just 50 baht. But, that was 50 baht that from people who would have been served much better using for thier own famalies. So my Thailand seems to be much different then some I see here.

I have so many photos to go through I won;t even begin to try to post them yet, I apoalgize to everyone I never really got to spend as much time with anoyone as I wished I could.

Thank You All

Ray & Poi

Dec 27, 2007
Dear Ray,

So happy to hear your wedding was a success! (How could it not be with all those refreshments!) ;)

Sorry I couldn't make it, but had the little one for the weekend and would have been tough traveling with him that far.

Certainly look forward to toasting your marriage the next time we meet!

Congratulations again!

Tony

Apr 14, 2008
We are happy to hear that all went well and you had good day.

PS. Did you manage to drink all that beer? :D

Jan

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Didn't haev enougjh riders ther to kill it off. made pretty good dent though :lol:

Well she is such a good ride partner married her twice

Wed7.jpg

Well I knew what you guys really wanted to see so here it is. We were supposed to have Western music and we did at first. But, they had routine they followed. Now I ask you would you have stopped them not me.

wed34.jpg

wed38.jpg

wed35.jpg

wed31.jpg

wed36.jpg

wed37.jpg

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
The first p[art of the day was actually a house Tamboon. Poi got up at 0330 to get her makeup done. So that was the start of a very long day.

wed4.jpg

I knew eventually this woman would have me crawling around on my hands and knees.
Wed.jpg

I really enjoyed this monk 87 years old. This was the first time he had left the Wat in 20 years for an event I'm told. That wasn't for us but because of our housekeepers mother. Now I don't have a clue what is going on. He is getting that impression fast. So everyone is serious as can be he and I are laughing. I really enjoyed it.

wed5.jpg

Mal

Nov 9, 2008
Congratulations Ray,

Looks like I missed another good party, I wish you both well for the future and never ending happiness. Hope to see you when I get back in November on a ride out. Take care Ray and all the Best
Regards

Mal

Eagle Rider

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Just keeping your attention

DSCF5757.jpg

That isn't sweat guys when the Monk hit me with the water it was more like Songkran

wed2.jpg

Even my farrang friends enjoyed tieing the knots on me. This lady only gets prettier with time.

Wed11.jpg

Wed12.jpg

Wed13.jpg
:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Don't worry guys I won't let you down with the cuties

DSCF57582.jpg

Lots of great friends shared the wedding with us.
wed15.jpg

wed16.jpg

Wed17.jpg

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
OK guys there are tons of these photos, this is enough for everyone to get of how things went I will leave you with the other pretty girls that night.

Thanks for all the great wishes.

DSCF5759.jpg

DSCF5763.jpg

DSCF57642.jpg