What's up with HRC?!

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
"HRC" stands for "Honda Racing Club" - but are there HRC products available in Thailand? I've got a nice sounding muffler on my Wave that's not too loud and sounds great. It's also very well built. There's a small alminum badge rivetted to the muffler that says "HRC" then there's something stencilled in thai underneath. I suspects it's for the cops and says something like "only for track use" or "collect 500 baht" or something like that. Anyways, I'd like to get my hands on a new muffler for my CBR; anybody know where to look? There are no HRC websites...

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Sorry to dissapoint you but your muffler is probably not a HRC.

First of all HRC is not involved in any "club races". HRC stands for HONDA RACING CORPORATION which is a huge company,established in 1982, involved with racing with Honda products. They manufacture for ex. racing kits for certain Honda models. These racing kits can cost 3 times the price of the bike it is mentioned for. I doubt that they make any mufflers for your bike. You probably have a "thai copy" and the HRC badget is illegally put on the muffler.

HRC do have a home page. If you go to www Honda Worldwide you will find the HRC homepage.

HIKO

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Good ol' HIKO says it all - no long discussion, no different opinions, just the facts. And most of those are right. David, you should hire the guy!
I'll check out the webpage later.