What do I need to cross with rented bike into Laos

Discussion in 'Laos Road Trip Reports' started by dano, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. dano

    dano New Member

    Exactly what papers do I need to make things smooth(relatively)?
    Which border crossings will work for this?
    Can I get a visa at all crossings?
  2. Loading...

  3. SilverhawkUSA

    SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

    Dear New User dano;

    First try reading the “New User” section, particularly “Welcome; Read this first!” Link removed

    You will find the links to bike rentals and also a link on crossing borders. As for getting a visa at ALL crossings; there are certain designated international crossing points and many Thai only. You can get visas on arrival at the international crossing points.

    Also do a search (upper right hand corner) “search” or just read some of the existing posts. We like to help out people on this site but you need to do a little research also.

    In short, you cannot take a non-plated bike across the border. Most rentals do not have plates or registrations. You cannot currently cross the friendship bridge from Nong Khai to Vientiane with a Thai registered motorcycle.

    You can go to Laos and rent a bike in Vientiane.

    All this is covered in existing topics that you should find easily.

    Good luck.

Share This Page