What insurance cover do u have?

Oct 17, 2006
I have been riding for 14 years in Thailand I currently have a Ducati Monster S4 916cc with just normal compulsary government insurance .
i can get 1st 2nd and 3rd class insurance for about the same costs and cover as in the UK.

what cover do you have?

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A BIG BIKE BEING STOLEN IN ALL MY YEARS HERE AND i HAVE GOOD MEDICAL INSURANCE BUT AM NOW CONSIDERING LOCAL 2ND CLASS COVER.

jerry

Nov 11, 2006
I have full comprehensive insurance on all my registered bikes. Cost ranges from 10,000 to 15,000 depending on the bike.
Got it through Aviva in Bangkok.
I use them for my house and contents insurance as well and my company uses them too.

Oct 17, 2006
I too would think it highly unlikely that my sidecar vehicle gets stolen. Much too prominent. But with a value of some 700.000 I wanted to get a first class insurance, I make mistakes too. Plus I guess it is helpfull to have an insurance agent on your side when it comes to some damage claims. Even more important than money is the question of legal protection.
A friend was driving Sura Thani -Chumpron, a farmer tried to cross the high way, got hit and killed. It later turned out that the farmer was drunk. Police nevertheless found the driver guilty, that was denied by the judge, the police said such denial of their conclusion had never happend before.

In short , my primary goal would be to be assured of good legal representation.

What about that ??

2. I raised the issue of first class insurancein general terms here before. It was recommended I try insurance-in-thailand.com.
Their Bkk office refered me here on Phuket to ERIC DOHLON
who is fluent in Thai. In the beginning was most friendly but the for whatever reason replyed to my call = I have nothing to say.

Any English speaking contact, email adr at Aviva I can send a photo of my vehicle to ??