What is this a ticket for and do I have to pay it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by ThePoMoBro, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ThePoMoBro

ThePoMoBro Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GT Rider.

Damn what a crap picture... :crazy:

My staff says the first checked offense is riding without a helmet and the other checked offense is riding with no drivers license.

No license is usually 200 Baht fine and I forget what the fine is for no helmet. I'd guesstimate it'll cost you ~300-600 Baht.

Ride On!

T

3. ThePoMoBro

ThePoMoBro Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What happens if someone indefinitely postpones payment of something like this? I was not on my own bike.

Also, would police recognize a foreign license if I get stopped again?

4. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    There are two schools of thought on this. If the BiB didn't take your license or some other identification then the chances of them ever coming after you for such a minor offense are very remote. Some foreigners don't care and will ignore a ticket and hope nothing happens, others like me figure it's just small change so why not pay the silly thing so I don't have to worry about it catching up with me some day. Then again, I live here and have a visa to protect. Perhaps you don't. One more question- whose bike is it? Do you care if they have a problem when they go to renew the road tax and find an unpaid ticket waiting for them at the DMV? My advice, pay the stupid thing get a license and next time wear a helmet! :happy5: