What is this a ticket for and do I have to pay it?

Dec 27, 2007
Welcome to GT Rider.

Damn what a crap picture... :crazy:

My staff says the first checked offense is riding without a helmet and the other checked offense is riding with no drivers license.

No license is usually 200 Baht fine and I forget what the fine is for no helmet. I'd guesstimate it'll cost you ~300-600 Baht.

Ride On!

T

Aug 15, 2010
What happens if someone indefinitely postpones payment of something like this? I was not on my own bike.

Also, would police recognize a foreign license if I get stopped again?

Dec 27, 2007
ThePoMoBro wrote: What happens if someone indefinitely postpones payment of something like this? I was not on my own bike.

Also, would police recognize a foreign license if I get stopped again?
There are two schools of thought on this. If the BiB didn't take your license or some other identification then the chances of them ever coming after you for such a minor offense are very remote. Some foreigners don't care and will ignore a ticket and hope nothing happens, others like me figure it's just small change so why not pay the silly thing so I don't have to worry about it catching up with me some day. Then again, I live here and have a visa to protect. Perhaps you don't. One more question- whose bike is it? Do you care if they have a problem when they go to renew the road tax and find an unpaid ticket waiting for them at the DMV? My advice, pay the stupid thing get a license and next time wear a helmet! :happy5: