Where to buy exhaust header wrap in BKK?

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
Does anybody know of a place stocking exhaust header wrap in BKK?

26523_3.jpg

My bike's a CBR250 single cyl so not much needed. :D

Any idea of the price would be welcomed too.

Thanks. :)

Dec 27, 2007
I found exhaust header wrap at one of the tool shops next to Veera Siam on Sukhumvit 71 (Khlong Tan). Don't recall the price but it was cheap :mrgreen:

Right about here, across the street from the Esso station:

Thanon Sukhumvit 71 1013/10
คลองเตยเหนือ
Bangkok 10110
Thailand

Dec 27, 2007
For some it is cosmetic, for others it's a way to protect yourself from getting burned by your exhaust pipe(s)... No doubt there are other uses I've not thought of. :)

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
A few small things that it does.

Mainly just cosmetic.
Next along the line is less heat.
Equal to that would be a very small change in sound.
Absolutely minimal would be an undetectable increase in performance as it keeps the gasses hotter on their exit from the engine.

The last one would be unnoticeable so don't consider it. Unless you're a professional drag racer.

All of those things added together for a few hundred baht, worth it really. :)

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
I could understand it when someone applies this wrap to an exhaust header that may burn the leg.
I had burn holes in my jeans from the the rear cylinder header of my Intruder 1400 which I changed to the right side to join the forward header.
But in your case - a CBR250R - the header is not in the way.
Cosmetic reasons? I always thought this wrap looks rather ugly, a stainless pipe looks way better!
But you wouldn't be able to see it on your bike since it would be covered by plastic.
My motto is: If I don't need it, I don't buy it! :)

Mar 30, 2010
I had this on the after market pipe for the KLX.
One rub on the material getting on or off the train and it fell apart in a few days and ended up ripping it all off..

Pretty hilarious when I first rode off down the main street in Bangkok.
It starts to really burn.. almost catching on fire for a good 5 or 10 mins..

Not sooooo bad while moving.. but you can see something is wrong.
Stopped at traffic lights with bikes and cars all around me and smoke billowing out and around me..
Everyone looking but no one saying or doing anything.

Just sitting there looking ahead like there is no problem while engulfed by a cloud of smoke.

Cheers
Brian

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
^ haha.

yeah, I think there are correct ways and not so correct ways to put it on.

I gotta get to K-Speed soon enough so hopefully they will have some there.

Dec 27, 2007
Done correctly wrapped headers can look pretty good in my humble opinion-
96552d1266374191-exhaust-wrap-cimg0842.jpg

The smoking is normal the first time you start the bike after the wrap. This is how you cure the wrap. Most folks do this out of sight as it does produce a LOT of smoke. You start the bike and let the headers reach operating temperature and the heat cures the wrap and actually makes it more durable. Oh, and another thing, Brian, I noticed your wrap was very loose- did you install it dry? Most folks recommend installing it wet as you can wrap it tighter and it will tighten up some more the first time you start the bike.