Where to leave a bike for a week or two in Thailand?

Mar 30, 2010
Hi All,

A friend and I had the idea to take our bikes up to Chiang Mai and slowly work our way around the North every 2nd of so weekend.

The idea being that we drive to another large town with airport by the end of the weekend and fly back to Bangkok.. then one or two weeks later we fly up, pick up the bikes and continue on our slow trip around the country eventually ending up in Bangkok or close to it.

Problem being.. Where to store the bikes for a week or two at a time?

Does any one know of any storage facilities in semi large towns or are we stuck with a great idea but no way to execute it?

Thanks
Brian

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Brian
It should not be a problem with most of the hotels / guesthouses that GT Riders use. Just lock & cover your bike up. I'm sure we'd have recommendations for each town.
But at the pace you ride it might only be 1 or 2 nights anyway. :wink:

Main airports in the North
1. Chiang Mai.
2. Mae Hong Son
3. Pai.
3. Chiang Rai.
4. Nan.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TonyBKK wrote: the airports don't offer secure parking?
True there should be 24hr Thai security guards on duty at these airports, but I personally would rather leave it locked up & covered at my hotel / guesthouse, rather than out in the open car park with a sleeping airport security guard.

Mar 30, 2010
Where is the list of GT Rider friendly Guest houses?

I will make contact with them about leaving the bike securely at or near the guest house for up to two weeks at a time.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Brian

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
brian_bkk wrote: Where is the list of GT Rider friendly Guest houses?

I will make contact with them about leaving the bike securely at or near the guest house for up to two weeks at a time.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Brian

Brian
Places that different riders have used are here
accommodation-north-thailand-f66.html
but to be honest I think you're "over-planning" but up to you. Masterplans to conquer North Thai by bike seldom last long, just play it as you go. It wont be a problem. :thumbup:

Mar 30, 2010
Thanks.. Only real plan is to have a safe place to leave the bikes for a week or two at a time.
Once we have it confirmed from the Guest houses that we can park there for a while we will take it as it comes.. except for the flights up and back :)

Would love to just take off on the bike for 6 months.. but unfortunately.. need to work and work = money :)