Which bike for comfortable riding?

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Chiang Rai? Couldn't you find somewhere else a bit further away from Phuket to buy your bike?

He'll probably take it to the Post office and mail it down.[8D]

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by mikerust

quote:

Chiang Rai? Couldn't you find somewhere else a bit further away from Phuket to buy your bike?

He'll probably take it to the Post office and mail it down.[8D]

Perhaps not, while he has that wonderful trailer parked in Chiang Mai. Ride the Purple Phantom to Cnx, pick up the car & trailer, drive to Crai, load up the Degree, drive back to Cnx, load up the Purple Phantom & head "home" to Phuket with 2 bikes on board & you've saved the postage from Crai to Phuket (I think.)

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Lots of people mix up "purple" with "violet". If I ain't mistaken, purple is a blueish RED while violet is a reddish BLUE; both colors are a red/blue mix with purple being more on the RED side and violet more on the BLUE side.
Violet is a cool color while purple is for girls!

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Well, I would have bet my neighbor's dog that the seat of the Enduro is violet and the tank of the two-stroke is purple - seems like I'm wrong. Googled it and now I'm all confused. Anybody interested in "violet against purple" click here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple
Obviously this is bike-related.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Off Phuket today. A tanker carrying brown paint and one carrying blue have colided in the straits of Malaca. So far 40 seamen have been marooned.[:D]

Oct 17, 2006
I found my old Harley Hardtail chopper very comfy and now my Ducati Monsters are comfy for 500= miles a day , I dont have piles or a sore bum.

Feb 23, 2003
Am feeling sort of sad now. I remember when I first met the
rough and tough TJ when he lived in Lamai and rode a BMW.
Now he has stayed too long in Phuket, and is now riding a
purple bike, along with wearing strange shirts??? Damn........
As far as seat comfort it is quite easy to go to any Thai motorcycle
seat recovering business and have them redo your seat. They have done every one of my bikes except the KTM.. Just come in with a good idea of the shape you want. Price is flexible, but around 1500 baht if they end up doing a lot of work shaping it.
As far as a comfy bike for long distances, hard to beat an Africa Twin for smoothness and value. Reasonable off road performance as well.

quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

Okay you colour blinded buggers....

Have just bought myself a Honda Degree 250 up here in Chiangr Rai, and this time the seat is definately PURPLE, have taken some fotos will post when I can get them off my camera

now I can play dirty with you guys on my next trip