WTB Kawasaki KLX 450

Sep 30, 2009
Hello
I want to buy a Kawasaki KLX 450.
Any dealers in the Phuket Area?

Does anyone have any info on the Insuranance costs for this bike?
Is it possible to get a larger tank or aux tank.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Superenduro, you might find it very difficult to get your 'dreambike' in Thailand as there's only a very limiterd choice here. Second hand bikes with dodgy books or no registration at all. So I would recommend you go to any Kawasaki dealer and check out the 250's which are manufactored in Eastern Thailand and sold for a cheap price: KLX250 and D-Tracker. Or you go for a second hand BMW F650GS. Another choice would be some second hand Suzuki's previously previously sold by Red Baron in Bangkok, many of them have legal books. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Now Superenduro that you have edited and changed from KLX450 to 250 it's an easy find, just go to Kawasaki posts on this site and you'll find information, weblink, prices and the lot and should go for a brandnew one KLX 250. Good luck, Franz

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Franz wrote: Now Superenduro that you have edited and changed from KLX450 to 250 it's an easy find, just go to Kawasaki posts on this site and you'll find information, weblink, prices and the lot and should go for a brandnew one KLX 250. Good luck, Franz
SE, why change the title and edit the post???

Why not just a reply along the lines of "oops, thanks guys, didn't know that the KLX450 was not available in Thailand. Thanks for putting me right".

It's shit like this that makes some of us more experienced guys not want to bother helping the newer SEA riders and this forum exists as a friendly helpful resource. Please don't abuse it and screw it up for others......

Pikey.

I am with pikey, I was very confused reading the flow of posts.

There are aftermarket tanks and Aux tanks available but they are not designed and do not work with the FI version of the KLX250. Maybe in another year as the FI takes over the carburetor model. It is not in North America yet so things are slow in coming out.

Eric

Sep 30, 2009
pikey wrote: [quote quote=Franz]Now Superenduro that you have edited and changed from KLX450 to 250 it's an easy find, just go to Kawasaki posts on this site and you'll find information, weblink, prices and the lot and should go for a brandnew one KLX 250. Good luck, Franz
SE, why change the title and edit the post???

Why not just a reply along the lines of "oops, thanks guys, didn't know that the KLX450 was not available in Thailand. Thanks for putting me right".

It's shyte like this that makes some of us more experienced guys not want to bother helping the newer SEA riders and this forum exists as a friendly helpful resource. Please don't abuse it and screw it up for others......

Pikey.
Sorry, but I have problems, some computer related some mentally!

Bye..

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
SE, no offence by us, just that we want you to understand things are very different here in LOS. So if money's a matter stick to the locally manufactored Kawasaki's and keep your hands off most used bikes. If money's no problem then Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati and BMW are your choice but again you won't find exactly what you are looking for. KTM, we still have to wait as seen in Ian's post. As for Suzuki and Honda, well they drag their feet and will/shall be punished by ignorance once on the market. Cheers, Franz

Sep 30, 2009
Franz wrote: SE, no offence by us, just that we want you to understand things are very different here in LOS. So if money's a matter stick to the locally manufactored Kawasaki's and keep your hands off most used bikes. If money's no problem then Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati and BMW are your choice but again you won't find exactly what you are looking for. KTM, we still have to wait as seen in Ian's post. As for Suzuki and Honda, well they drag their feet and will/shall be punished by ignorance once on the market. Cheers, Franz
Unfortunately, money is a matter, but not really a problem.
I have 4 bikes in the expensive country of Sweden, and I would like a KTM 990 Adventure R i Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam.
Think i will start with the domestic Kawi 250 for shorter adventures and se what to do later.