XT600e for sale in C.M.

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
I have for sale my U.K. registered XT600e. Bike was ridden from U.K. to Thailand via Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Laos and Thailand. Bike has the following modifications. Acerbis large tank, Kedo oil temp dip stick, Kedo lowering kit ( front and rear) Touratech luggage rack and panniers, rear rack, acerbis bars and bark busters, Motec engine crash bars, Givi screen, gel seat pad, touratech lockable Garmin mount and Garmin streetpilot. Bike has now covered 46,000km and has just had a full service including new O ring chain and sprockets. It is on temporary import but can be registered in Cambodia other options are available. Bike is available from mid January onwards. Price with all the kit 60,000 THB

Jimmy

20130612_124914_zps24b5476f.jpg

Dec 10, 2013
JJ.CM;294939 wrote: I have for sale my U.K. registered XT600e. Bike was ridden from U.K. to Thailand via Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Laos and Thailand. Bike has the following modifications. Acerbis large tank, Kedo oil temp dip stick, Kedo lowering kit ( front and rear) Touratech luggage rack and panniers, rear rack, acerbis bars and bark busters, Motec engine crash bars, Givi screen, gel seat pad, touratech lockable Garmin mount and Garmin streetpilot. Bike has now covered 46,000km and has just had a full service including new O ring chain and sprockets. It is on temporary import but can be registered in Cambodia other options are available. Bike is available from mid January onwards. Price with all the kit 60,000 THB

Jimmy

Jimmy,
Please contact me and consider this bike sold. Mid january is a little late for me but the bike looks like just what i need. I am in thailand now. My email is [email protected] the local number here at the christian and missionary guest house is 02 2700693. The address here is 28/2 pradipat 13, samsen nai, payathai, bankok. My internet phone number is usa based 01 909 270-2922, but it does not always work too well when receiving.
Scott Wilson www.bigbearcabinscalifornia.com

Jimmy,
Please contact me and consider this bike sold. Mid january is a little late for me but the bike looks like just what i need. I am in thailand now. My email is [email protected] the local number here at the christian and missionary guest house is 02 2700693. The address here is 28/2 pradipat 13, samsen nai, payathai, bankok. My internet phone number is usa based 01 909 270-2922, but it does not always work too well when receiving.
Scott Wilson www.bigbearcabinscalifornia.com

Dec 23, 2013
JJ.CM;294939 wrote: I have for sale my U.K. registered XT600e. Bike was ridden from U.K. to Thailand via Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Laos and Thailand. Bike has the following modifications. Acerbis large tank, Kedo oil temp dip stick, Kedo lowering kit ( front and rear) Touratech luggage rack and panniers, rear rack, acerbis bars and bark busters, Motec engine crash bars, Givi screen, gel seat pad, touratech lockable Garmin mount and Garmin streetpilot. Bike has now covered 46,000km and has just had a full service including new O ring chain and sprockets. It is on temporary import but can be registered in Cambodia other options are available. Bike is available from mid January onwards. Price with all the kit 60,000 THB

Jimmy

Hello! I am in Chiang Mai and will buy the bike if you have it still! I need a bike to ride Asia with! Drop me an email! [email protected]
Thanks, Aaron

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Hi All, I will be arriving in Chiang Mai late on the 10th of January, I will be at the Riders Corner on the 11th. The bike can be viewed anytime after the 11th. I will post my Thai mobile number here as soon as I have one.

Thanks for the interest, Jimmy

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Hi Marcel, Thanks for your post. I will tell you my experiences of border crossings. Whilst transiting China one member of the group fell and broke his leg badly. He was flown to Bangkok for an operation. I became responsible for his bike as well as mine and crossed out of china into Laos and out of Laos then into Thailand with his bike and mine, then again I couldn't have because as you say its impossible.

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Hi Marcel, are you interested in the bike or the solution to the "problem" as you see it?.

1/ The price-; It will cost me 35,000THB to ship the bike home, the bike has a U.K. value of 110,000THB approx, therefore 60,000THB is a reflection on these figures.

2/ Transfer of Ownership-: The U.K. V5 ( also known as the registration document) states " This document is not proof of ownership". However via DHL document couriers and my U.K. home I can arrange a change of name on the document to another name.

3/ A receipt with engine frame numbers and a copy of my passport etc will transfer ownership.

4/ A power of attorney letter will accompany the receipt, this can be used along with a copy of my passport whilst waiting on the V5.

As stated above I took an Australian registered bike across 3 international borders including Laos and Thailand with just a power of attorney letter and a copy of the ownership documents and a copy of the owners passport.

Whilst it may be a little involved, its far from impossible. ( and this being Thailand, even the impossible can be arranged)

Regards Jimmy

Dec 27, 2007
I'm surprised this hasn't sold already- regardless of the questionable "legal" status of the bike, it's worth far more than the asking price in parts alone.

Whoever buys it should either part it out for a profit or ride it only within Thailand. Taking it across borders will be a risky proposition, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

I recently rode a German registered XR650R that did not belong to me into Thailand from Malaysia on a carnet:
XR650RCarnetEdit.jpg

Yes, it's impossible, but I did it :mrgreen:
558335_10153283045785710_1864439141_n.jpg

:happy1:

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
brake034;295609 wrote: JJ.CM,

No, I am not interested to purchase the XT, I have a fully legal Thai plated Suzi DR650.

The reason for me asking is to help keep this forum clear and highlight deals which are unclear.
It's for the buyer to take the risk that you are now describing!
Sorry what was unclear about my advert?.

I have for sale my U.K. registered XT600e. Bike was ridden from U.K. to Thailand via Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Laos and Thailand. Bike has the following modifications. Acerbis large tank, Kedo oil temp dip stick, Kedo lowering kit ( front and rear) Touratech luggage rack and panniers, rear rack, acerbis bars and bark busters, Motec engine crash bars, Givi screen, gel seat pad, touratech lockable Garmin mount and Garmin streetpilot. Bike has now covered 46,000km and has just had a full service including new O ring chain and sprockets. It is on temporary import but can be registered in Cambodia other options are available. Bike is available from mid January onwards. Price with all the kit 60,000 THB

So what did I fail to make clear? and could you please explain the risk ?. ( please refer to this site for details on international border crossings and paperwork required,including-: how to if the ownership documents are not in your name)

It appears that you believe I am somehow being deceitful or my advert is confusing, I do not believe I have been anything less than open and honest. I have no interest in trying to "con" or mislead any potential buyer. " I have a fully legal bike" Is mine illegal?

Regards Jimmy

Dec 27, 2007
^ Mate, please, take a deep breath and settle down
wai

Why do you think Jimmy is trying to "frame" someone. That's a pretty serious accusation.

He's has been very honest and forthright in his advertisement. He's clearly stated that the bike is registered in the UK and is on temporary import into the Kingdom.

IF the bike was registered in Thailand with a legal book and plate it would be worth double or triple his asking price. He's selling it CHEAP because it isn't registered here and whoever buys it will have to jump through some hoops if they want to keep it in the Kingdom, or, like Jimmy said, get it to Cambodia where it can be registered quite easily and at small expense.

There are tons of RTW riders who, like Jimmy, dump their bikes at the end of their ride because it would cost more to ship it home that it's worth.

Jimmy: Good luck with the sale and don't let the haters get you down :happy1:

ps. Marcel- the financial penalty for overstaying a temporary import is not "huge"; quite the opposite in fact.

T

Dec 27, 2007
brake034;295626 wrote:
It will be great to see OP get caught at the airport trying to leave the country without the bike!
I think it will take him at least 200.000 baht to pay off that penalty!
^ Absolute nonsense. Have you got a link or some other evidence to support this fiction?
chitown.gif

Dec 27, 2007
brake034;295630 wrote: I do not care, I hope OP leaves the country with his tail behind his legs and hope he never returns!
My goodness... Such hate and inexplicable aggression... Ajahn Chah would certainly be quite disappointed in you...
wai

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Brake034/Marcel, I have no idea how long you have been living in Thailand, forgive me if I explain something you already know.

There was a time when many many bikes in and around Chiang Mai had no green book indeed it was almost impossible to hire a 250cc or above bike with papers, this was commonplace and it was even possible to cross international borders without a green book. A set of invoices that proved ownership were sufficient. Times change and a green book is now required. If you take the time to read my very old post that you provided a link to, you will see a reply from David, he offered that maybe they were having a clamp down on crossing without a green book, and I should try another crossing. This is was how it was, it was done with the knowledge of the customs on both sides, forms filled in papers stamped etc.

Many people have and continue to imported bikes on temporary import papers and some overstay, indeed if you speak to David he will confirm he spent years on temporary import papers and regularly overstayed, he was threatened with a fine, but states he never paid any fine. This of course does not make it legal or the correct thing to do, but it happens. My Australian companion was flown home by air ambulance from Bangkok whilst his bike was still in Thailand, it was some weeks later that he felt up to sorting out shipping his bike home, he had overstayed, maybe they should have taken his bike off him and fined him 200,000THB. Thankfully they do not to operate in the way you would like, and accepted his explanation.

regards Jimmy

As far as I am concerned This topic is now closed its all got rather silly

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Wow guys things did get a little out of control here.

I personally did not see anything terribly wrong or deceitful with Jimmy's post. The facts were clearly presented. If you want to take a chance as the buyer that would be your, the buyers, choice.

Indeed grey import bikes with / without proper documentation were extremely common place here for years under the "Thai system" that was tolerated.
Only the manufacture of big bikes inside Thailand saw these loopholes closed with pressure from both the big bike manufacturers & legal importers of assembled new bikes.

Jimmy re my bike, it was never on a temporary import document, being a grey import that was duty paid; & eventually I did manage to get the bike registered via "the system" that was operating at the time.
But yes in the good old days, before the computerization on the border you could, & I did many times, cross from Thailand to Laos & return, with an unregistered bike - such was the system operating in those days.
Was I doing anything illegal - probably technically yes, but the bike was cleared through customs both sides with proper temporary import / export documents. However you could not do that nowadays, as all he boxes have to be ticked once the data goes into the computer.

Only very recently at Chiang Khong, a Dutch rider from Phuket was at first refused permission to exit Thailand on his Thai registered bike because the bike rego had expired just a few weeks earlier & he had forgotten to renew the tax. It was a weekend & he would lose 3 days waiting for DMV to open in Thoeng to renew the tax on his bike. What did he do - smoothed the path with some grey notes in CK to be able to cross the border ok. All technically illegal & perhaps lacking "in higher moral standards" maybe, but that was the system he chose to operate under; & that was available.

Jimmy
Good luck selling your bike. I for one would not buy it, but maybe the price is right for someone else who wants to take a chance.
In July you were desperate for help to get crashed BMW GS from the China / Laos border into Chiang Mai.
Several guys offered to help, but you never came back to reply - what happened; how did you sort out the problem?
I'm sure there are people who would be interested to know, if you want to complete the story
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38608-help-needed-getting-bike-from-China-Laos-border-to-Chiang-Mai

Happy New Year guys.

This thread is definitely closed.