Yamaha T7

Discussion in 'Yamaha Big Bike Riders Club' started by Oddvar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Varadero

Varadero Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    0CB06D05-F8F1-40F5-A81C-4284260C48C9.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Moderator

Ratings:
    +259 / 0 / -0
    439,000 baht works out at AUS$22,000 There going to be $17400 ride away in Australia.
    I've heard there will be a shipment arriving in Australia in December and all of those bikes are sold, and the people that have had them on order will get a discount. Yamaha have already got a few in oz for media days.
    Will be good to see one in the flesh.

Moto-Rex

3. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    I think they missed the boat personally? After years of waiting for their eventual release all the Competition has caught up and are offering better spec Bikes in the same price range!

4. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Seriously? The bike is here in Malaysia? I've been looking for one! Any idea who is selling them?

5. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    No sorry, I have no idea just ask at the Yamaha Dealers? They should know? They are now taking orders here in Thailand and should be delivering in the near future I guess?

6. Tubber

Tubber Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I was at a Yamaha dealer in Bangkok the other day. They said the T700 would be arriving here in April. It will be fitted with a lower seat, I didn't ask if you could get a higher seat option.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    That's Bloody Shameful! So BMW, Ducati and now Yamaha all downgrade their Bikes for the Local Market! I am Disgusted. You should at least have the option to get it in standard spec like every other Country in the World! Shit low Seats, Lower spec and less travel Suspension and no TFT Dash are just some of the shit stuff they force on Us! Imagine what We don't know about? I refuse to Buy a Bike that has been Cheaped out and they still have the Cheek to Charge Us more than in most other countries!

8. Tubber

Tubber Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The bloke said UK version normal seat height, Asian version low seat height. Yamaha Thailand website and the news from the Motor Expo last year all state 875mm. Yamaha UK website is also 875mm. So not sure what the actual seat height will be on the one we get. The EU/UK bikes are built in France and the US bikes in Japan. Surmising that we get the Japanese built ones it may be possible the order a normal seat height. Yamaha do offer a lower seat as an accessory so it might be possible they would throw one of the normal seats in. The UK price is £9,145 (369,000B), think they were even cheaper if you pre-ordered last year. It was late in the day when I was talking to the chap and I was choking for a pint so I didn't ask too many questions. I probably should have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Moderator

Ratings:
    +259 / 0 / -0
    #34 Moto-Rex, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    There’s a new “rally edition” Yamaha Tenere 700 which looks destined for Europe only.

It has a few extras and looks pretty cool.

2020 Yamaha Ténéré 700 Rally Edition

Yamaha T700.JPG

The Tenere’s look to be selling pretty well in Australia by this chart, but there still seems to be plenty of them sitting on showroom floors, and in some cases at decent discount.
    T700 yamaha.
    Also KTM are working on a twin cylinder 500cc adventure bike which should be on the market in 2022

Moto-Rex

• Like Like x 3