Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
258238041_neJxh-S.jpg

258247111_Fhkdz-S.jpg

Web Site
http://www.aprilia.com.my/myclubaprilia ... php?t=1307

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Dear All, website has changed: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/guide/stor ... 87,00.html

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
269755334_T99Yk-S.jpg

Khun Sirichai Kiew-Cha-Um
Thai Yamaha
General Manager
Sales & Network
Email: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

Sirichai is one of the official Yamaha big guns in Thailand, & is a great guy. He was on the Charoen Motor Yamaha Big Bike Charity ride to Doi Inthanon, and is also very interested in feedback from GT Riders on what bikes to sell in Thailand.
Don't hesitate to drop him a line, telling him what bikes you'd like to see in Thailand, & that you're a GT Rider in the process.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Another positive action from Charoenmotors & Yamaha Thailand: I'm waiting for the 2 sidecases (imported to Yamaha Bangkok so I was informed by Khun Eakkachai) and my numberplate for the FJR (CNX plate), told them it's very tight but would appreciate if I get everything before Songkran. Well, another Sales guy from CNX, Khun Jo will bring it personally to my house at the Eastern Seaboard tomorrow during the day. He's on a Songkran trip with his G/F and offerd to pick up the stuff in CNX and Bangkok for delivery straight into my hands. What a difference service makes with just the right employees !!!!!! Happy Songkran to you all !! Franz

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Franz
Got my 2 Yamaha cases and number plate delivered yesterday to Khon Kaen.
Cases seem good quality and easy to fit, except cannot fit locks as have special tamper proof screws. Home Pro has no key for them, so probably have to wait until Yamaha open again on 17th, when I will be up in Chiang Mai. Not too sure Chareon will have the key, interested to hear how you get on fitting yours.
John

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi John, was a pleasure to meet you in CNX !! Jo, the sales guy from Charoenmotors fitted both cases and numberplate on my bike on 12th when he passed by on the way to Koh Samet for personal holidays. I didn't have the small TORX key but I got one already here at a local tools shop. Jo also insisted in securing the screws with LOCTITE screw fastener.
Rubbers for case fixing you can glue with superglue. The service I experienced in this short time by Charoenmotors is a very high benchmark for all other suppliers; can't imagine that any other company will be up to the task shortly........cheers, Franz

Sep 4, 2007
Thanks for the info Franz,
Good to meet up with you too, and later put faces to more of the names on the GT board. I agree entirely with you about the service from Chareon, they have a great attitude. I will try and make it up there for my next service.
I have the key and the boxes and locks fitted, but did not use loctite, I will attend to that, best to play safe.
Look forward to meeting up at some time in the future
All the best, John

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
[email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

Don't mean to be pesemistic but has anyone gotten an e-mail response from this guy. I have sent him three emails over the past few months trying to find out if he can import a dragstar 1100 for me and what he believes the price would be?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ray, please try the following mobiles: Khun Bunnag or Tum: 08-3471 0336 or Khun Joe: 08-9758 9876, cheers, Franz

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Thanks that worked talked to Joe.

Interesting doesn't think he can get a Road Star but can get a warrior. Really like the Road Star better. but we are not down to be brass tacks yet. Interestingly enough he said he couldn't guarentee me a plate but we were talking about 70K baht for that so I was left with the impression, the book might be available but at a higher cost.

He couldn't give me a price but using a 40% mark up and the cost of the plate at a 100K, whcih he though might be a fairly good ball park fu igure looking at 633,000 baht. But that was using the suggested retail figure, so it could be less. I doubt they pay retial for the bikes.

But no ones written any contracts or laid money on the table yet, so theory at the moment. He did suggest ordering towards the end of the year. But at least I'm confident that they can get some type of cruiser model with an advance order.

Thanks

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Ray,

Have you seen TJ's write up on the Kawasaki shop in BKK?

Vulcan 900 is around 460,000 Baht and they'll get the book for you. If it's like the other registered bike companies it's around 3,000 Baht for book.

It's a cruiser and a nice looking bike.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Thanks Dougal I will check that out, not familair with the bike. Plaese remebre waht I psoted was from a casual conversation on the phone, so be brass tacks may be very different. I really like the 1100CC Dragstar howevre I want somethign wih fuel injection next time. So that in the Yamaha line means the 1500 CC model.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well your right that fits fuel injection and all.

Know a guy who has a 900 I'll drop him a note and see what he thinks of his.

Thanks

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Tried that one we will see waht happens, I think had I physically been there things would have went much differently. I looked at warrior I really didn't like it probably a good in between bike but I want a cruiser. Thanks Dave

The Vulcan is still on the wish list

Aug 27, 2008
WELL IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW BIKE R1 AND TRYING THE USUALS IN BKK, TP MOTORCYCLES AND RED BARON BUT BOTH SEEM DODGY WITH THE REGESTRATION.

SO IM GLAD TO HAVE FOUND THIS SITE AND HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH KHUN NOI IN KORAT AND THEY HAVE WHAT I WANT AND AT A CHEAPER PRICE THAN THE BIKE SHOPS IN BKK.

GOOD SITE KEEP IT UP.

ANY OF YOU GUYS FROM UDON THANI

JIM

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Red Fred,
Ray23 is from Udon and there are many others as well, regular rides and trips to bike meets and festivals. you will find reports in the North Eastern section
I am from Khon Kaen, and use Khorat for my servicing, Khun Noi has been very helpful. Good luck with your new bike
Cheers,
John