2 Weeks on Motorbike, start/end PP, keep it natural and scenic

Discussion in 'Cambodia - General Discussion Forum' started by kesoak, Feb 10, 2015.

1. kesoak

kesoak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey GT-Rider community,

I'll be in Cambodia for two weeks at the start of April, and I'm dead set on hiring a Honda Baja 250 for my stay. I have a few questions though, and I'll apologise in advance if they're redundant.

-Can anyone recommend a shop in PP for hiring a Baja for two weeks? I'll be hiring/buying gear as well. What sort of costs should I assume if I want to hire this bike for two weeks? Be nice to know a price range to avoid being ripped off, and most posts I can find regarding costs are from 2009.

-Can anyone recommend a circuit that is relaxed and away from all the touristy bullshit? Happy to stay away from cities and into smaller villages/mountains/countryside as much as possible.

-What's the current cost for petrol and how much should one expect to be paying for a tank?

If anyone has a relationship with a shop/dealer that's a bit more low key, that'd be amazing. I've got experience riding a Honda CB750 and also Enfields. I also work as a professional mural/sign painter, so if you knew anyone who needs some nice signs made up I would so be willing to offer services in exchange for a good hookup.

Ride safe!

2. mgeepers

mgeepers Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi there Soak
    I suggest you bring your own riding gear if possible the bike will cost you $US30 per day, try The Bike Shop at 31 Street 302, Phnom Penh. Don't worry about the price of petrol !!! Good luck

3. kesoak

kesoak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Mgeepers. Do you have any insight on bypassing the Cambodia license? What did you need to provide in order to hire a bike from there? I don't want to wait 2 days in PP and would rather deal with the occasional US dollar hand over then wasting valuable riding time.

4. mgeepers

mgeepers Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I did not bother about the licence and no one checked, need to leave passport as security to take bike.