2006 MotoGP Calendar

Oct 12, 2005
David,

Thanks for the update, great news.

Sadly I'm in F'n Issan on the 8th.

Cheers all.
"Formerly known as the twat, racer55"

Jun 21, 2006
David cheers for the info, I get quite envious of you guys up there, I dont have cable tv so will have to do a witch hunt around Pkt, have a few days to go to find a suitable site.

Luckily my Pooying loves watching the bikes and cars, she has even corrected me when I got a riders name wrong, and has a better memory than I, (mind you she is a bit younger than me---- arent they all).

Tommo, whe I can find a dry spell between all these thunderstorms will check out Nui beach for you, as I live in Ao Chalong, so not too far, and the bike(s) could do with a run

cheers

Johno

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Not half as envious as I am of you living in Phuket Tropicaljohno..!!

If you do get the chance to enquire about Nui (not Ya Nui, that's further south I think?) I'd be right appreciative. Not easy however to visit unless equipped with a Bultaco... it's a right old trek down to the beach.

Any info would be great.

Cheers,

Tomo.

Jun 21, 2006
Tomo, we ride that way often so can have a look, I have Wave 125S, Phantom 150 and GS1150, oh and bicycle, may play it safe and walk down the track, once all this rain passes, mind you rain not as bad as bangkok lst week, on Petchburi Road, by turn of to Siam Superbike, the water was over the pavement.

cheers

John

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
TJ (if I may be so bold!), we were last at Nui in early December 2004 and after a taxing day snorkelling and water frisbeeing (?) we opted to take advantage of the 'taxi' service back to the top - a pair of ratty looking quad bikes piloted by two fearless local lads....it was a truly memorable experience!!

Don't know if you are aware but they normally charge 250B admission to the beach in season which includes a free drink and sun lounger etc. Bar/restaurant prices are also a bit higher than average. This puts off a lot of folk but we reckon it's worth it - tiny quiet cove, no rubbish, no hawkers, no speed boats..fantastic! At least I hope it's still like that - things have a habit of changing when you turn your back for a bit.

Cheers,

Tomo.

Jun 21, 2006
Tomo the complex in the dip, by the side of the road was wiped out completely, along with th efood stalls on ocean side of road, we rode along there last week, and they have erected some new bungalows.

Will take a walk down the track also, and send you some fotos via your email, (havent got around to working out how to post on GT site yet).

cheers

TJ

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Sorry to hear they were hit hard by the wave.

I think you are talking about Ya Nui which is down near Prom Thep - Nui Beach is accessed by a rough track near the Kata viewpoint.

We were diving around Phi Phi & Lanta a few days before the wave hit so count ourselves very lucky. RIP those who weren't so fortunate.

Anyways, can't wait to get back down there!

Cheers,

Tomo.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Estoril Portugese MotoGP Sunday 15th October 2006, live on the google box ESPN Star Sports.
See you all at the UN Irish Pub for some gentle banter & drinking..
Telecast starts at 6.00 pm

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Oct 12, 2005
There's new tires on the NSR and looking to scrub them in. Looking at doing a ride before GP anyone else game?

Cheers all.

Jun 21, 2006
yep the wrist is just a few strokes short of full speed now so, me and the big man were thinking of a ( weather permitting ), 1001 up to phrao then the 1150 to wiang pa pao, followed by the 118 back to chiang mai for the motogp at 5. jeff if you dont fancy riding the tiger then my gsxr 400 can be your slut for the day. anyone fancy riding then give me or the big guy a call and we can meet in the morning, or just leave a message on this board...........

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by SilverhawkUSA

David-

You're on Hong Kong time again. Telecast starts at 5:00PM according to my UBC Book.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

OK i give up. You got me yet again (no difficult either is it).
So see ya "all" at 5.00 pm.
Silverhawk you can also call the start time for the final round at Valencia, but the venue HAS to be at the Downunder Pub on Nimmanhamein Soi 11 for the giant screen & a mighty end to the season.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Just a quickie to apologise to anyone i may have inadvertently offended last night whilst in a drunken mess. I'd been out at Huay Tung Tao supping beer most of the afternoon and what with the excitement of the reace, I got a bit carried away on the beer! So, again, apologies if I pi55ed anyone off.

The fall down the stairs hurt a bit and now I know how Luke felt as i'm now nursing a similar injury to my wrist but it was not aquired in quite the same heroic manner!

Looking forward to the 29th and the last race of the season - should be a ripper!

Cheers,

Pikey.

"No matter how hard you try, you CAN'T polish a turd!"

Jun 21, 2006
David and you boyz up nortn
Sunday 29th October
16.30 to 16.57 World SuperBike
16.57 to 21.00 MotoGP Live

ALL TIMES ARE THAI TIME

All on Star Sports Channel 40

John
ps well, after yesterdays race, that's going to take some beating --- Go Rossi

Oct 12, 2005
Pikey,
Pikey,

Hope you're doing well mate. Even hammered you're onne of the nicest gents around. David E. and I both said to you 'watch it down the stairs" as you left. 5 seconds later all we heard was a crunch and kats shriek. Thanks for bringing a smile to our faces at your own cost. Tell Kat to bring you brekky in bed and loads of massages will help see you through.

Maybe next race we wil have to find a ground floor venue for pikey.

Cheers all.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Yeah what a season's it's been:
From the Crash Net site
http://www.crash.net/feature_view~cid~6~id~10331.htm

Someone up in the heavens is rewiring motorsports championships this autumn. Hondas crash into each other handing the lead to Rossi, Schumacher blows up making things easier for Alonso, Kevin Curtain crashes in Supersport to hand the title to Charpentier, Leon Haslam's plan for the last round of the BSB goes to pot because someone crashes and brings out the red flags, whilst WRC leader Loeb breaks his arm and can't drive. What is going on!?

Plus Pikey falls down the stairs! I wonder what's going to happen at the final MotoGP race at Valencia on the 29th?

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
If it's an upstairs gig at the Downunder then I'll be wearing my 2-piece leathers with body armour, back protector and lid as Dr G will be in town by then so it could get messy and I don't bounce like I used to ;-)

For the race, at least Gibernau is sidelined so that takes care of the "bowling ball" effect he had at Catalunya...... Should be a goodie - both for beer & racing!

Cheers,

Pikey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Well it's still 6 days away to the final race, but I'm getting excited already!

And just to muddy the waters Bayliss is riding a Ducati in replace of everybody's favourite cry baby Sete.....

From the Crash Net site
http://www.crash.net/home~cid~6.htm
Bayliss confirmed for Valencia.

Two years after riding what he thought was his last race for the Ducati Marlboro MotoGP team at Valencia, 2006 World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss will return next weekend in place of the injured Sete Gibernau.

Bayliss will rejoin former team-mate Loris Capirossi for the last ever 990cc MotoGP race after Gibernau was declared unfit to ride following treatment to the collarbone he broke at June's Catalan GP, then damaged again at the recent Portuguese GP.

Bayliss contested the 2003 and 2004 MotoGP championships with the Ducati Marlboro Team before being sacked and replaced by Carlos Checa. Bayliss moved to Camel Honda for 2005, only for his season - and MotoGP career - to be prematurely ended by a serious wrist injury, but the Australian bounced back in perfect style by returning to WSBK, with Ducati, for 2006 - and clinching his second world title.

In contesting the final 990cc MotoGP event, Bayliss will 'bookend' the public life of Ducati's 990cc Desmosedici because he also gave the V4 its first public outing at the 2002 Valencia GP, riding a few demo laps alongside Ducati test rider Vittoriano Guareschi. Both Bayliss and Capirossi have scored podium finishes on the Desmosedici at Valencia, Capirossi taking third in 2003, Bayliss third the following year - on what had looked like being his final Ducati GP ride.

Wimpy long time no see or hear mate, so if you are in town, please come and join the boys at the Downunder Pub on the cnr of Nimanhamein Soi 11. The giant projection screen there is brilliant for the bike racing (& even the F1 last night was great.)

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Can't wait either - reckon our hearts will be in our mouths come raceday. Just to avoid any confusion with race order, especially as the clocks change in Europe sat night/sun morning, I checked the MotoGP website and it goes like this (Thai time):

17:00 125 - already sewn up by Bautista
18:15 250 - Lorenzo & Dovizioso to duke it out
20:00 MotoGP - you don't need me to tell you.....

Also, there is a WSB program immediately before starting at 16:30.

Cheers,

Pikey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Yeah what a race it's gonne be: Hayden say's "No surrender."

"Valencia is a track I really like and the atmosphere there is unreal - it's as good as it gets as far as a crowd to race in front of," he said. "So I go there with nothing to lose - I need to win and hope that Rossi has a bad weekend. I know that's a long shot but we won't surrender until the chequered flag on Sunday. I know my team is in my corner and I have lots of fans - especially back home - still riding with me. Also it's the last race for MotoGP as we know it so I am sure this one will be another classic!"

Now
For Hayden to win the 2006 MotoGP World Championship the following must happen:

Hayden 1st (25 points) with Rossi 3rd or below (16 points)
Hayden 2nd (20 points) with Rossi 5th or below (11 points)
Hayden 3rd (16 points) with Rossi 9th or below (7 points)
Hayden 4th (13 points) with Rossi 12th or below (4 points)
Hayden 5th (11 points) with Rossi 14th or below (2 points)
Hayden 6th (10 points) with Rossi 15th or below (1 point)
Hayden 7th (9 points) with Rossi 16th or below (0 points)

Roll on Sunday!

Davidfl
Keep The Power On