2007 MotoGP on UBC TV

Nov 11, 2006
Hey David - I hope they have someting other than Singha?
Surely right minded farangs would not be attracted to a venue on the basis of cheap Singh?
I realise there is no good beer in Thailand but the worst of the worst does not seem attractive!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by JohhnyE

Hey David - I hope they have someting other than Singha?
Surely right minded farangs would not be attracted to a venue on the basis of cheap Singh?
I realise there is no good beer in Thailand but the worst of the worst does not seem attractive!

Yeah, Gus' got plenty of beers, but only the Singha is on special.
Other beers at the moment are
Blue Ice, Singha Lite, Corona, Heineken, Tiger, Asahi, Chang draft & bottled.
He usually stocks Aussie beers, but there’s a supply shortage at the moment.
The Downunder also has the best steak sandwiches in town; plus the fish ‘n chips are excellent & the burgers & steaks are also as big & as good as.
See ya on Sunday.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by desmomonstro

can i come with my own beer ?????
There is a 7/11 not far ..

yeah only if we can all have a ride on your duke after watching the race. be good to see you there fabrice & you dont have to drink banana beer.

Jun 21, 2006
davefl do you know if its the same format as qatar with the 125s and 250s on first with the actual 800cc's going off at around 6.00pm thai time?? its just im off to phayao that day and prob wont be back before around 5...

MBT

Dec 2, 2006
Just in case anyones out riding at the time of football MotoGP etc we have UBC here at the Border in Soppong on big (well fairly big 30" screen) with surround sound just in case you get caught out in the sticks without a sattelite!

On the subject of Beer! since when has Singha been the "worst of the Worst"? surely Chang takes the podium on worst Thai beers closely followed by insipid watery gassy Leo. At the moment we are getting the export version of Singha 5% (usually 6%) and a cleaner taste. For us Heineken is too expensive but we had 4 cases of Tiger in for our opening night and we had to send all 4 cases back as it was 2 years out of date and corked! (or the equivalent of corked for beer) bloody aweful explains it better.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well we got back in time from Ubon to watch the 800's run that was neat, so when is the next one?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by mcgriffith

quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

April 22 MotoGP Turkey
UBC Star Sports CH 66
15.57 - 20.00

So ladies, lady boys, gentlemen....oh and the GT Riders [:D],
Are we on for Down Under this Sunday 15:57-20:00? Any conflict with footie/cricket? Has anyone spoken with Gus? Enquiring minds would like to know....[8D]

Gus & The Downunder are all go for us to watch MotoGP On Sunday. The same cheap beer, giant screen, fresh air, huge burgers / steak sandwiches & no interruptions. (In last weekend's SBK races the local cable operator switched channels to golf in the middle of the Supersport race - how many guys in Cnx got caught & pissed off.)
See you all there.

Jun 21, 2006
David

Hopefully I will be in Luan Prabang Sunday, any idea where I may be able to watch the MotoGP

currently in Vien Viang, bit hard going 2 up on our rented Chinese copy Honda Wave, someone seems to have stolen padding out of seat, so we both get a bit bum sore. {No comment Pikey}

Jimoei supposed to be arriving here in V V tonite so be good to catch up with him for a drink

as you have mentioned in previous reports, scenery awesome around here, especially as we are only travelling at 60kph

taking fotos and making notes so wil make trip report at end

Dec 26, 2006
i was at fish and chips.
I was so pissed ,first when i arrived there so brainless monkey katoey find funny to throw me water .....
Then during the supersport race they switched the program .
Bloody Sunday

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

David

Hopefully I will be in Luan Prabang Sunday, any idea where I may be able to watch the MotoGP

currently in Vien Viang, bit hard going 2 up on our rented Chinese copy Honda Wave, someone seems to have stolen padding out of seat, so we both get a bit bum sore. {No comment Pikey}

Jimoei supposed to be arriving here in V V tonite so be good to catch up with him for a drink

as you have mentioned in previous reports, scenery awesome around here, especially as we are only travelling at 60kph

taking fotos and making notes so wil make trip report at end

John
From memory Scandinavian Bakery & Nao's Place bar? in LPQ had UBC.
Good luck, you're a lucky man riding R13 & going to LPQ.

Jun 21, 2006
Hi David after having a beer with Jimeoi in V V he said I can make L p in 1 day, so here we are in LP. So now we leave LP tomorrow, Sunday so should be back in V V to try and watch it there, if not will try repeat broadcast Monday nite when we will be back in Vientiene

You wern't kidding when you said scenery awesome... its unbelievable isn't it, and only riding at 60kph can really appreciate it all, cant wait to come back with my own bike.

thanks any way for info.... catch up with you all in a couple of weeks

GO ROSSI

Jun 21, 2006
MotoGP China Sunday May 6th

Fot this event we will all be up at Ian Bungy's X-Centre.

Transmission starts at 11am
On The Grid starts at 1.30pm (That's all the talking/gossip before MotoGP actually starts)
MotoGP Race starts at 2pm

WHY NOT GET THERE A BIT EARLY AND HAVE LUNCH THERE
(My Pink Phantom is looking forward to its first ride out of the city...)

Ian will be watching the 'goggle box' from around 8am, as some boxing is on......
Also we can check out his new/just arrived Chinese trailies

Rider

Jul 28, 2006
On Sunday the 6th, at the 700 Year Stadium in Chiang Mai, Toyota is putting on two "One Make Races" to demo their Vios and Yaris models.

With Toyota financing it, there should be some high quality race queens as well.

Racing starts at 10AM. Combined with lunch and Moto GP at the X-Centre makes a full day, eh?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Next MotoGp is 20 May & we are back at The Downunder, and Gus has a special on for all GT Riders - 50% off all drinks, starting from now until the end of the month, when The Downunder no longer belongs to Gus. Yep, that's right the place has been sold & changes hands at the end of May. So in appreciation of all our support The Downunder has drinks for GT Riders at half price for the final countdown till the end of May.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

Next MotoGp is 20 May & we are back at The Downunder, and Gus has a special on for all GT Riders - 50% off all drinks, starting from now until the end of the month, when The Downunder no longer belongs to Gus. Yep, that's right the place has been sold & changes hands at the end of May. So in appreciation of all our support The Downunder has drinks for GT Riders at half price for the final countdown till the end of May.

The TrueVision/UBC site shows MotoGP beginning at 15:57.

There is also MC racing at Chiang Mai Speedway, so it may be a full day if the weather holds out. Also the falang owners with a female manager have shown up recently to dedicate some time to running the speedway. They already have really cleaned up and organized the place and they anticipate more and better run races and other events.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
MotoGP at Catalunya this weekend & Sandy's UN IRish Pub is re-opening on Saturday, so it's all go back at the UN Irish to watch MotoGP on the goggle box again.
Start should be 4.00 PM - see you all there.

Nov 11, 2006
The "manager" is Moto GP/SBK unfriendly at Irish Pub and we prefer the welcome at Buonissimo these days.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I'll be at the Irish Pub. Personally thought the sound system and the service at Buonissimo sucked. The poor guy waiting on us had to run his ass off, not his fault as he was the only one serving tables. Took me half the race to get the meal I ordered before the race started. Had to order drink 3 times to get 1. Couldn't hear the sound/commentators anywhere near the big screen.

Also some of us like to bring the wife/girlfriends to town and they like to wander over to walking street. Try Irish Pub this time and see how it works out now that they have remodeled.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
For me I think it's worth sticking to the UN Irish because it's been good in the past, plus Sandy says he will run the SBK Superbikes for us. Will Sergio always run MotoGP over other events?
There could be a slight hic-up with the new UN Irish manager Ken, but we should be able to sort that out with the owner Sandy's "advice."
If the UN Irish does not work so well, then I would be agreeable to supporting Bonissimo's, but my only whinge there is the sound system needs improvement – the volume needs to be cranked up so you can hear it clearly down in front of the screen. Otherwise it’s a bit sterile, even with that fantastic screen.
But like all relationships, nothing's perfect all the time, (least of all myself eh BobS), & I’m always prepared to give it a go, so wont quibble if it aint right 100% to god’s standards all the time just because someone was having a bad day.

I'd also like to see the "MotoGP goggle box" thread kept to the one same thread, rather than have 2 going at the same time....