3 day ride out of Chang Mai

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by hiddencambodia, Jun 25, 2008.

1. hiddencambodia

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings from HC,
    Looking at some sort advice on the best 3/4 loop ride out of Chang Mai, what the normal route is (I suspect its a lot of black top), relaxed riding between overnights, a location for a bike hire, a suggested best suited bike that will work with a pillion rider ( no extra lux or power required, just the standard) and a mid range basic accommodation used for riders. Looking at holidaying in late August . Much appreciated in advance, best

2. BignTall

BignTall Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    off road or tarmac?

Plenty of stuff either way. If tarmac most people head for the mae Hon g Son loop. Quite nice but I reckon this is over rated , better roads (with options to get around rain and a vartiety of roads rather than being locked into one loop without escape) heading northeast.

3. Pikey

Pikey www.tbbtours.com

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi HC,

Come and see me at Tony's Big Bikes in Chiang Mai, suss a bike then plot up at Jonadda's guest house and plan a trip out towards Nan - excellent! :)

Cheers & have a good trip!

Pikey.

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +833 / 0 / -0
    As "first timers", I'd say go for the MHS Loop.
    But there are heaps of loops to do, it just depends on how you feel at the time & what you want to see or ride.
    There are so many options it is confusing, & every salesman in town will have a nice line for his best recommendations.
    Meet up with the GT Rider gang at the Kafe, knock back a few coldies / reds, get overwhelmed with info & toss a coin on the day.