95 Gassolle

Discussion in 'Technical' started by David Race, Aug 27, 2011.

  1. David Race

    David Race Ol'Timer

    Can somebody tell me correctly please.
    If 91 benzine has 91 octane and 95 benzine has 95 octane we are clear on this.

    So if 91 green has E10 in it is 95 green or brown at most pumps and about 2 baht more expensive than 91 green just a higher octane with just E10 in it or what ?:cool:
  2. LivinLOS

    LivinLOS Ol'Timer

    The 2 benzines are benzines.. the 2 gasohols have an ethanol component.. All of them state their octane ratings.

    Price ratio differences are due to tax and the government promoting the ethanol fuels.
  3. David Race

    David Race Ol'Timer

    Thanks for your reply.
    But as I have stated in my post what is the gasohol rating in 95 as no one can tell me.
    I have asked fuel station after fuel station how much gasohol is in 95 and nobody can tell me.
    we all know it is 10% in 91 gasohol but what is it in 95 is it 5% or 10% or 15% or 20%.
    My Kawasaki runs on E10 fine but I cant always get this it also runs well on gasohol 95 but i would not put this in if it had more than 10% ethanol as Kawasaki advice not to but I am very happy to use if only 10% or lessas bike runs well on this.
  4. johngooding

    johngooding Ol'Timer

    The first available ethanol containing fuel in Thailand was just called Gasohol, it was and still is 10% ethanol and the remaining 90% of the mix is 91 Octane benzine, apart that is from any other modifers the petrol company may add, it is also now known as E10 and usually has a mid Green colour label. Gasohol 95 is 90% 95 Octane benzine and 10% ethanol, This is normally sold with an orange label.
    Also available is E20, normally a lighter green label than the E10, as expected this is 20% ethanol, and I suspect it is mixed with 91 Octane benzine , although this is not stated anywhere on the pump. I do not believe any 5%, or 15% ethanol containing fuels are on sale. The only other one you may see is very specialised and that is E85, as expected 85% ethanol. Again they do not state wether the remaining 15% benzine is 91 or 95 Octane, and I do not know anyone who uses this fuel. I have not mentioned the diesel fuels as they are not normally associated with motorbikes.
  5. David Race

    David Race Ol'Timer

    Can any body tell me.
    When the new Thai Government got in 91 Benzine was subsidized it was about 2 Baht dearer that 91 Gasohol.
    I have noticed now its back to where it started about 5 Baht difference again.
    Can any one tell me has that subsidy now been stopped or are the fuel stations ripping us off ?
  6. TonyBKK

    TonyBKK Ol'Timer

    According to Prime Minister Yingluck it's all in your head ;)

    "The Bangkok Post reports on what Yingluck said on May 3:
    When it comes to the prices of the goods they buy, Thai people have an overactive imagination, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday
    The cost of living is not surging out of control and the perception that it is lies basically in people’s minds and not reality, she said.
    “The flood and the hot weather, when combined, could make people feel that product prices are more expensive,” Ms Yingluck said. “From the information gathered by the government, we can assure you that prices are on a downward trend.”


  7. KenYam

    KenYam Ol'Timer

    Yeah right, and pigs can fly, politicians are same the world over.
    David why not just use 91 E10 and when its not available use standard 91 benzine or 95 benzine if you want some extra combustion.
    The pricing of fuels changes all the time including in Australia, many factors cause this but mainly politicians.
    All these % this and % that, I worked at a refinery once so I don't believe the % are exact as quoted.
    Note: I would not use gasohol if bike is not use for awhile as leads to gunk build up resulting in fuel problems.
  8. chiangmairich

    chiangmairich Ol'Timer

    It seems there is some confusion here. 95 Benzine is pretty rare now in Thailand but Shell sell a 95 V-power. I use it in the HD as the motor is fairly well specked up and it doesn't like 91. I believe it has ethanol and have heard that is around 6-8%.

    The last time I saw Benzine 95 it was over 50 Bht a litre and V Power sells a bht or 3 below benzine 91.
  9. TonyBKK

    TonyBKK Ol'Timer

    Actually, 95 octane is finally making a comeback of sorts here in Thailand despite ill-conceived government efforts to phase it out.

    For a while Caltex was the only source for 95 benzene. It's called Techron Gasoline 95 and the price has been coming down in recent months and it currently sells for about 46 Baht a liter. http://www.caltex.com/th/

    Some PTT stations have started stocking 95 octane gasoline and I've heard, but not seen, that Shell is again selling 95 gasoline but I can't find it on their website: http://www.shell.co.th/home/content/tha-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/fuel_price/app_fuel_prices.html
  10. LivinLOS

    LivinLOS Ol'Timer

    Shell 95 is still a gasohol.

    I understand some susco's sell a 95 benzine but I have not found one with it.

    AFAIK theres no 95 benzine around CM, would love to hear different.

Share This Page