A Factory visit at Tiger (Sachs) Motors , Thailand

Sep 4, 2007
Well the UK has woken up, required positive mail received, so I am delighted to confirm that Jane, Peter and I will join you at the factory on Saturday morning. Look forward to meeting old friends and making some new ones.

Nov 7, 2007
johngooding wrote: Well the UK has woken up, required positive mail received, so I am delighted to confirm that Jane, Peter and I will join you at the factory on Saturday morning. Look forward to meeting old friends and making some new ones.
Great John & thanks for the update. Looking forward to meeting you on saturday,

happy trails,

mbox

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
That weekend, a Thai friend will bring his newly imported monster Harley (why are tall guys driving the original Fiat 500 and 75 kg guys buying ~ 375 kg hogs)? :lol:

We have a nice gym & pool at the condo village 6 km from the old airport and when my wife makes a hotel reservation the price drops to 750 at the 13 coins nearby. In case someone knows no one in Bangkok for that day.

Chris

Feb 23, 2003
Free lunch ???? Well then count me in as well. Thanks for setting this up.
Cheers Robert Hiekel

Nov 7, 2007
Hi robert, you are welcome to join ..looking forward to meetyou:

here the updated list:

1 ) Tony bkk
2 ) Rhodie
3 ) mikerust
4 ) mbox
5 ) Piggen
6 ) kf6vic
7 ) Chang Noi
8 ) Walter
9 ) Ramstein
10 ) Ramstein’s wife
11 ) Guest of Ramstein
12 ) Johngooding
13 ) daughter of Johngooding
14 ) Husband of john's daughter
15 ) Alan(thaicbr)
16 ) rhiekel

happy trails,

mbox

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
mbox999 wrote: Hi robert, you are welcome to join ..looking forward to meetyou:

here the updated list:

1 ) Tony bkk
2 ) Rhodie
3 ) mikerust
4 ) mbox
5 ) Piggen
6 ) kf6vic
7 ) Chang Noi
8 ) Walter
9 ) Ramstein
10 ) Ramstein’s wife
11 ) Guest of Ramstein
12 ) Johngooding
13 ) daughter of Johngooding
14 ) Husband of john's daughter
15 ) Alan(thaicbr)
16 ) rhiekel

happy trails,

mbox

Good work Mbox. Wish I was there, but just arived in Luang Prabang from a ride to Hanoi. :D :D :D
Hope you guys have a great time.

Nov 7, 2007
Hi David,

If you drive all night you might still make it :D
The last list posted seems final and hope all show up on time . If you have issues with the taxi finding location phone khun pariya on the nr i previously posted ,he can explain over the phone & in thai . I am glad the we also got some offroadies with as it is good to have some expert opinion on the sachs x-road too. Although my personal use for the x-road may not be all that offroad really...merely motard. My own Boxer 250RS will be there too, on the Dyno ( its a modified version and having 3 hp's extra).

Looking forward to meet you all and hope it turns out to be interesting and informative for all,

happy trails,

mbox

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Just to confirm we are meeting at these coordinates
Gps Coordinates to Tiger Factory Samut Prakarn: 13°34'59.61"N 100°37'7.85"E
NOT the showroom
Cheers
Rhodie

Nov 7, 2007
Rhodie wrote: Just to confirm we are meeting at these coordinates
Gps Coordinates to Tiger Factory Samut Prakarn: 13°34'59.61"N 100°37'7.85"E
NOT the showroom
Cheers
Rhodie
Hi Rhodie,
Yes, thats the right coordinates. This coordinates are leading to the Tiger Factory in Samut Prakarn. We do not meet at the Bkk Showroom.
See you tomorrow,

mbox

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Mbox
Appreciate the clarification and all the work you've put into this.
See you guys tomorrow.
Cheers
Rhodie

Nov 7, 2007
Dear all,

Thank you for coming to the Tiger Factory Tour .One was missing though :( ; I must say it was great to meet you all and sorry I was short of “good bye’ing” many of you but things turned a bit rushy for me.
To the Tour itself , I though this was a real nice group of people and the Tour of Khun Pariya was held in a relaxed atmosphere where people could ask him questions as desired.
The reason for the Tour was not only to diminish rumors over Tiger being Chinese parts just assembled here, but also to give a honest and clear picture of what they do here. Tiger has a big variety of products, sometimes they are different labeled ,sometimes made for other Brands assembled and some parts added by them in the Factory.
Tiger as often mentioned , is a low tech approach in Bikes – somewhat in the factory it is quite obvious that lot of things are still made manually. This may have some downsides …but the positive side on this is to have them more flexible on making things new different or special request.
I think there was a lot of the production covered byut with the time available it was in fact impossible to see it all…additionally on Saturdays some of the production is paused ,weekend.
After our Tour we all had the chance to Test the Tiger Boxer 250 RS, Sachs X-road 250 , Sachs Kikass 135 , Tiger Gmax , Tiger Retro . The feedback on the bike testers vary but I thought the Kikass got very good notes from most as well as the Gmax and the Boxer. The X-road 250 I think was evaluated a bit low on power and seemingly the shock didn’t absorb as much as some wished. What people found positive was the very good brakes, comfortable seat, . personally I like to add that I like looks of the bike very much. I need to add that I did not ride any of the bikes today as an headache kept my mood of “rather not”.

After the testrides we had a delicious Lunch at Tiger Motors followed by a short stop at the “Bikecare” Shop which supplies parts and accessories to Tiger/Sachs Bikes. We got a Van waiting for bringing us to Bitec but this is where my day with the guys ended due to a rushy appointment at other side of town ( was 2 hrs late – but I blamed it on the red shirts  - me bad )

Thank you Tiger Motors & Khun Pariya for your Time and great to have met you all …hope we meet another time on the Motorbikes,

Here some pictures:

DSCF4671%20%28Large%29.jpg

The beginning of tour at the assembly lines
(black shirt- Khun pariya, glasses grey shirt- Chang noi, Glasses blue shirt- Holger, Black Cap - Harry , Tallest guy - Robert , Long white pants-Walter , Thai superbike shirt - mike , Blue shirt & towel - Sven erik )
DSCF4675%20%28Large%29.jpg

Names (left to right): Scarf- Rhodie, Tallest guy - Robert, Harry's GF , Holger , Walter , Harry , Jane , Peter , Swen Erik, Chang Noi , Mike , Sparsh
DSCF4676%20%28Large%29.jpg

we have seen alot of retro's there- i guess they selling well

DSCF4678%20%28Large%29.jpg

Khun pariya explaining things about the production to the Group..behind him on the assembly line is a red Tiger Bulldog 150cc

DSCF4679%20%28Large%29.jpg

Looking at the assembly line

DSCF4684%20%28Large%29.jpg

Yellow Tiger Retro 110C with sidecar....one of the most unique looking bikes w/sidecar, sure raises attention , Names left to right : Johngooding(camera) , robert , chang noi , Chris hs0zfe , Walter , Khun Pariya

DSCF4685%20%28Large%29.jpg

I was wondering when the Pink Retro would come :)

DSCF4687%20%28Large%29.jpg

entrance to engine assembly

DSCF4688%20%28Large%29.jpg

Engine assembly

DSCF4690%20%28Large%29.jpg

Engine assembly

DSCF4692%20%28Large%29.jpg

assembled engine ( note: see the brand name on it)

DSCF4696%20%28Large%29.jpg

forgot the name of this machines...but those pieces are made there

DSCF4697%20%28Large%29.jpg

Bmw Sidecar(top) vs Retro Sidecar(bottom)

DSCF4699%20%28Large%29.jpg

Bmw Sidecar(top) vs Retro Sidecar(bottom)- same same but different :D

DSCF4701%20%28Large%29.jpg

painting the plastics - apparently they will make this a lot bigger in order to paint parts also for some well known Car manufacturer.

DSCF4707%20%28Large%29.jpg

The Paintshop

DSCF4710%20%28Large%29.jpg

"Birth" of a sidecar

DSCF4712%20%28Large%29.jpg

where the Frames are being made

DSCF4713%20%28Large%29.jpg

still in the "frameshop" ..this are btw. frames for the retro

DSCF4728%20%28Large%29.jpg

The E-Boxer ...sold in the US..maybe we see it in Thailand someday?

DSCF4729%20%28Large%29.jpg

Time for testrides...but first a look around on the x-road 250

DSCF4732%20%28Large%29.jpg

The Carb is Japanese and it looks pretty decently altogether.

DSCF4737%20%28Large%29.jpg

Time to ride it and let the expert try it ! (Name: Harry)

DSCF4735%20%28Large%29.jpg

The Retro on testride ( Name: Holger)

DSCF4740%20%28Large%29.jpg

Robert's turn to try out the X-road 250....i wonder if he would take this bike the sangklaburi- umphang trip? ( Name: Robert)

DSCF4734%20%28Large%29.jpg

Chang Noi, an offroader is doing his test on the x-road. (Name: Chang Noi ; background: Tiger's Chief Mechaninc Mr Ud, Robert , Peter ,Sparsh, Sven Erik's GF, Chris )

DSCF4741%20%28Large%29.jpg

The Kikass...it was liked and here's a closer look

DSCF4742%20%28Large%29.jpg

Alan on the retro...i think the color doesn't fit to him posing like that...it should be pink :lol: ( Name : Alan / Thaicbr)

DSCF4743%20%28Large%29.jpg

John & jane - a family pic...he seemed to like the Gmax quite a lot,so did some of the others, nice underseat storage - takes at least a case of beers ;) (Name: Johngooding & daughter jane)

DSCF4745%20%28Large%29.jpg

Alan kickin' the Kikass. ( Name : Alan/Thaicbr)

DSCF4746%20%28Large%29.jpg

One last spin on the x-road before we have lunch ( Name: Harry; background: Harry's gf sitting on Boxer , Tiger's Chief Mechanic Mr. Ud in Blue shirt)

Happy trails,

Mbox

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Mbox
A pat on the back from Luang Prabang for organising a nice little factory visit. Well done!!
All that was missing were some names of the faces of the guys in the photos who went so we can finally recognise each other! :shock:

Perhaps "we" should try & organise some more to other factories?

Again well done.

:D :D :D

Nov 7, 2007
Davidfl wrote: Mbox
A pat on the back from Luang Prabang for organising a nice little factory visit. Well done!!
All that was missing were some names of the faces of the guys in the photos who went so we can finally recognise each other! :shock:

Again well done.

Hi david,

Damn you caught me am being terrible with names :oops: but here the list of who actually came:
Rhodie(john), mikerust, Piggen(Sven Erik) & wife, hs0zfe(Chris), Chang Noi , fxe1200(walter) , Ramstein (harry) his GF & guest , Johngooding with daughter jane and husband Peter , Thaicbr (Alan) , rhiekel (robert) , sparsh and myself totalling 17 visitors....i will try to add names to the pics by editing the initial post again...

Yes, trying to get some other factory visit could be something good ... triumph, kawasaki , Yamaha , Honda or Suzuki??? I find the first 2 most interesting really.

happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007

Again well done.

FYI i just updated most pictures and it is now easy to figure out who's who...hope that helps,

mbox

Mar 8, 2010

Again well done.

Thank you, David. We missed you there. We´re all enjoyed the day at Tiger. It was very surprising how big the factory is. The Testrides shows a lot of features of the bikes. I prefer the KiAss and the ergonomic Boxer. A little rough the engine in the testbike, but comfortable riding. The X-Road has very good brakes, stoppies are very easy.
Thanks to Khun Pariya and Reinhard.

Sep 4, 2007
Thank you very much to Mbox and Khun Pariya and Tiger Motorcycles for facilitating an excellent visit. Very good for me especially to show my daughter and her husband just arrived from the UK,first visit to Asia, something of real life in Thailand. Really enjoyed the visit and the chance to test ride some of the bikes and meet some other GT guys. Followed on to the Motor show, but due to traffic and huge numbers of people lost contact with the others, so no chance to say goodbye.
Just back from Bangkok and still have visitors so will post some additional pics and comments, also report from motor show, as soon as have an hour or so free. Writing this at Toyota showroom waiting for car first service completion. No facility for loading pics.
Invited Khun Pariya to attend our Khon Kaen bike party on 1st May and am forwarding details of the event to him, as would be good to see Tiger getting involved with these events.
More later...........