A new discovery I made today.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
This morning, I went out on my little Yamaha Nouvo to the shops at the 1269 / Canal road intersection with no crash helmet and just a baseball cap on. I want to share this vital peice of information with all my friends here. The ultimate speed I discovered for riding a motorcycle in no wind conditions, wearing a baseball cap comfortably, ie not too tight is 35.7 KPH before it flies off, and this is with the peak facing forward.

Not a lot of people know this fact!

Regards,

Muzz

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
You could raise that figure easily to way over 64.3 kph by wearing the cap backwards, depending on the material of the cap and what shampoo you use.

Aug 29, 2011
If your over 30 years old don't be tempted by 64.3 kph! Only plonkers & midlife crisis victims wear their caps backwards.:lol-sign:

Apr 10, 2006
Some years ago on a particularly windy day in east London I saw a rather dapper old chap who had fashioned a piece of string with a clothes peg on each end, 1 peg attached to the brim of his trilby hat and the other to the lapel of his suit jacket. Could be worth a try as it appeared to be working a treat.