An intro on Tiger Bikes available.

Nov 7, 2007
Hi there I thought it would be of interest to some in posting here the current Models from Tiger with some of the features and pictures:
•The Tiger Boxer:
There are 3 Boxer Models currently available: the 250RS, 200R & 150 (the boxer 150 is called the Bulldog) but there seems to be coming some different versions in the future . Sure not to be forgotten the Police Boxer which is based on the Boxer 200 . What applies for all tiger Bikes manufactured after 2008 . They all come with 3 year or 30000km, guarantee.

The Boxer 250 RS is the “largest” of all Boxer’s, in displacement size of 232 cc, and has as feature, a stainless Tsukigi Racing Muffler, Aluminium swingarm , rear shocks with oil reservoir , alloy cast wheels and inverted Forks. It is an air/oil cooled SOHC 4-stroke single cyl that runs on benzene 91/95 Gasohol E10 91/95 and E20 .It’s got 5 gears and weighs 121 kg. Standard colors are Red , White and Blue . The 2010 model comes with Electric & kickstarter as standard . Available as special is windshield and rear rack ( for mounting topbox).
[rimg:1mqaq197]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4317968012_cc1022083c_b.jpg[/rimg:1mqaq197]

The Boxer 200 R is the “Brother” of the Police Boxer and has 198,8 cc . It features alloy cast wheels and has an single cyl SOHC 4stroke that runs on benzene 91/95 Gasohol E10 91/95 and E20 .It’s got 5 gears and weighs 125kg ( it weighs 4 kg more than the 250RS )It comes with front disc and rear drum Brakes.Standard colors are Orange ,Blue and Red. . The 2010 model comes with Electric & kickstarter as standard . Available as special is windshield and rear rack (for mounting topbox) .
[rimg:1mqaq197]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2749/4317234893_ff38cba3e4_b.jpg[/rimg:1mqaq197]

The Bulldog 150 is the “smallest” of them ,by displacement” and has 146,2 cc. It has an single cyl-4stroke that runs as the above on benzene 91/95 Gasohol E10 91/95 and E20 .It’s got 5 gears and weighs 124 kg.It comes with front disc and rear drum Brakes. Standard colors are Silver ,dark green and Red. . The 2010 model comes with Electric & kickstarter as standard . Available as special is windshield and rear rack (for mounting topbox) . For the bulldog there is also 4 rear-shocks available ( special request , it’s for heavy duty use)
[rimg:1mqaq197]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4317235013_bf94f2f470_o.jpg[/rimg:1mqaq197]

This are the currently available Boxer's . I got a 250RS and am very happy since the last 10000 km that i totally made on. I will post more about the Bikes from Tiger when time allows it.
Happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
stubzi wrote: Hi Mbox,

Are the Tiger/Sach dealers nationwide in Thailand?

Dave
Hi Dave,

They have Service Center on most corners (but only few dealerships)- service centers may not be advertised as such for "Tiger" but may also service other brands.. they do , however, have service vehicles that are already around for urgent matter, deliveries...and they may increase the count of vehicles as per location for service ,and rather visit the client in need or the required service and fix it at their place bringing the tools and all necessities right in the service car . This i have seen worked very well but they just need to increase coverage so anyone in need would only have a 2-3 hour wait for the service-car ( with a mechanic that is factory trained).

Tiger Bikes are rather low tech just plain carbed SOHC single cyl Bikes which any "honda Wave" mechanic should be able to fix too...

hope that answers your question,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
The Tiger Retro 110C: is a Honda Cub style Bike and comes with a 106.74 cc 4stroke- single cyl SOHC that runs on Benzene 91/95, Gasohol E10 91/95 & E20. It has front and rear drum Brake , 4 gear w/ autoclutch . It offers both kick and electric starter.The Retro 110C weighs 80kg and holds 3 ltrs of Fuel. It comes in the following colors: Orange Copper/white , blue/white , yellow/white , red/black , red/white .There are accessories such as lampholder and lamps , basket , windshield , spocked rims …some of them already are available…some of them will be in the future
Retro%20C110_03.JPG

Alongside with the retro a sidecar can be ordered and will be possible to get it legally registered ( note: the sidecar without the Retro can be bought too from tiger…but it will be impossible to legally register it) . The sidecar comes in either white or black color …but has a color matching fender to the retro’s color.
Accessories%20Retro_lrg.jpg

The Tiger TT150: This a “café racer” style Bike and is powered with an 146,2 cc 4-stroke single cyl SOHC that runs also on Benzene 91/95, Gasohol E10 91/95 & E20. Brakes , front Disc and rear drum. It has 5 gears and comes with both electric & kickstarter. It weighs 116kg has a fuel tank of 5,5 ltr and comes in this colors: Red/Silver , Red/Black , Blue/White. The TT 150 is equipped with digital speed and has an Aluminium Tank.
The TT150 is currently not available and we await for the release which shall still happen in 2010.
tt150_show3.jpg

Happy trails,

mbox

stubzi

May 10, 2009
mbox999 wrote: [quote quote=stubzi]Hi Mbox,

Are the Tiger/Sach dealers nationwide in Thailand?

Dave
Hi Dave,

They have Service Center on most corners (but only few dealerships)- service centers may not be advertised as such for "Tiger" but may also service other brands.. they do , however, have service vehicles that are already around for urgent matter, deliveries...and they may increase the count of vehicles as per location for service ,and rather visit the client in need or the required service and fix it at their place bringing the tools and all necessities right in the service car . This i have seen worked very well but they just need to increase coverage so anyone in need would only have a 2-3 hour wait for the service-car ( with a mechanic that is factory trained).

Tiger Bikes are rather low tech just plain carbed SOHC single cyl Bikes which any "honda Wave" mechanic should be able to fix too...

hope that answers your question,

mbox
Hi Mbox,

Thanks for the info, very interesting. Do you know if there is a dealership in Phuket or the South of Thailand?

Cheers,
Dave

Nov 7, 2007
Hi Dave,

This should be the one:

Date Motorshop
55/232 Moo 6,
Soi Tungjareung,
Pattana-tongtin rd.,
T. Vichit, A. Muang,
Phuket 83000
tel 076-242725, 081-0913927

I need to point out .....some of the Tiger dealers may also dealers for another Motorbike -brand and with some of them you might find it difficult to order the Tiger Bike the way you want it...or to an "higher than usual" price. If you have any problems or issues please PM me or contact me at: support (at) tigersachsclub (dot) com ,as i am able to help.
Back when i ordered my Boxer 250RS i went to the local dealership of Tiger (in nakhonsawan)and ended up not ordering through them, but at Tiger Factory , which was always handled well and had excellent service too.

hope that helps & happy trails,

mbox

Jul 9, 2009
Does anyone have any more information on the tt150. I'm going to be in the market for a little town bike fairly soon here. I was thinking maybe a cbr 150 but this thing just has all the right styling and I can certainly picture myself on something like this. It would be nice to know if it is going to be coming in a few months and what kind of prices can be expected. I have heard in the 70,000 range which seems a touch expensive for a 150. Anyone?

tt150_show3.jpg

Nov 7, 2007
lotuseater wrote: Does anyone have any more information on the tt150. I'm going to be in the market for a little town bike fairly soon here. I was thinking maybe a cbr 150 but this thing just has all the right styling and I can certainly picture myself on something like this. It would be nice to know if it is going to be coming in a few months and what kind of prices can be expected. I have heard in the 70,000 range which seems a touch expensive for a 150. Anyone?

tt150_show3.jpg
Hi Lotuseater,

The TT150 was suggested for appr. 49800 THB ( not sure who told you the 70000 thb pricetag?)
Now the TT 150 was already introduced a while back and Tiger Motors mentioned at end last year/beginning this year that the TT150 & the Sachs X-road 250 will become available in 2010 . I honestly believe that this will only be the Sachs X-road 250 ....my believe is earliest end of this year but merely next year....if not by next year than i believe it will not come at all.
I shall stand corrected until i have further news which i surely will post here, secret soi and on tiger sachs website as well.

happy trails,

mbox

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
You wrote that the 250 is "air/oil cooled" - is that like Suzuki did in lots of its engines (like the old 1200 Bandits) where oil actually cools the cylinder or is it just an added-on oil cooler for the oil in the crank case?

Nov 7, 2007
KZ wrote: You wrote that the 250 is "air/oil cooled" - is that like Suzuki did in lots of its engines (like the old 1200 Bandits) where oil actually cools the cylinder or is it just an added-on oil cooler for the oil in the crank case?
It's Oil cooler does the cylinder cooling

mbox