Anybody in Phnom Penh

Discussion in 'Cambodia Motorcycle Trip Report Forums' started by SuziQ, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just returned from PP today. Hate the city...too much traffic. Will be going again in February between 17 - 20 or so. M staying at a friend's who works the full day. Anybody free about then? I'd like to see Angkor...

2. mikethevigo

mikethevigo Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i could be down there, if you have a bike to ride ill go along as ive never been there, i agree with you about the traffic, i almost wanted to put my bike in a pick up and get out on the outskirts !

3. mikethevigo

mikethevigo Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry suzie, i have just read over my reply, what i meant is i have a bike and if you have one we could ride up there together, mike

4. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be absolutely great. I'll arrive on 16th. I am putting up at my friend's place. It would be wonderful to ride up to Amgkor. Perhaps we could meet up first in PP to get to each other? I have a another friend who runs an NGO mission in SIEM REAP so I hope to collect data on that as well. In any case, my host has a full time job. So my days are free. Where's Sihanoukville?

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ooops, i forgot to say. i don't have a bike. Been trying to learn how to ride one/ How now? If Angkor is out, I'd still be happy to meet you and your wife in town.

6. mikethevigo

mikethevigo Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi suze, i will be with two other riders ,one ,our kymer guide would take you on the back if you fancy it, if you have a kymer phone number or a friend with one let me have the number and we can meet and discuss over b fast at the calif 2, mike

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wonderful news!
    I will have to ask one of my friends there to buy me a SIM card. The last time I borrowed one of the local gal's.
    M unfamiliar with the place you mentioned. I will be staying on Streety 352. I have a city centre location map obtained from Asia Hotel. You could give me a contact number so that i may get in touch with you as soon as am in town. I arrive on 16 Feb AIR ASIA.I hope to take some really great photos n have travel tale sto write on once back in Malaysia, Thr Khmer guide won't mind tecahing how to ride? My dying wish! laugh. Those dirt bikes are the sexiesyt looking contraptions. I'm a fan for life...

Can't tell you how thrilled i am at the prospects of experiencing Angkor. Am a history junkie too. Hoe much does entrance fe cost?

8. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    excuse typo, My fingers can't keep up with my thoughts

9. mikethevigo

mikethevigo Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello suze, we will probably go indirect on paths and very small tracks, there may be a night out roughing it, ( small guest house no electric )so bring essentials, you know make up ,hair spray etc ! lol.a back pack with just a few things is favourite, if you have never travelled rural cambodia before you will love it, as of now i have a friend from phuket coming ,another american friend who is a doctor ( although i hope we dont need his medical skills ! ) and of course laeng who is kymer and is a lion of a man and superb guide and a nice guy to boot, send me your email and ill send you some pics, mike

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't use make up or hairspray. too much hassle especially in hot humid weather.Ok, will send you my email. My host has no plans with me so am freefor schedule with you and group.

11. mikethevigo

mikethevigo Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok then, ill send you a contact number in pp so we can touch base, ( ps i was only joking about the make up etc !

12. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Laugh. Hmm, i may have miffed my host with my last email. I may have lost my welcome. Just in case where can I stay at a reasonable rate. M a woman of limited funds.

13. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Laugh. Hmm, i may have miffed my host with my last email. I may have lost my welcome. Just in case where can I stay at a reasonable rate. M a woman of limited funds.

14. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mike, I can't access my yahoo account. Can't send mail out. I still don't have the contact details of the 4x4 person. will probably have it when i meet up with all of you.

15. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Freakin can't access yahoo again. Same problem every other bleeding day! [:(!]
    mike, the progress so far... Got in touch with S. My friend A and the mission contact are okay about me visiting either of them. S said she and P most likely will join us on Saturday. $40 gets me 3 days at Angkor plus the mission in siem Reap is expecting me to drop by. I caught the flu...again and am thinking seriously that i have got to get myself a job in the Indochina's and ove back to the region. All help and leads are welcome. laugh. Hey, by any chance, is there an ESL centre in PP?

16. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How come the word kampong is used a lot in Cambodia? In malay it means village. How odd.

17. dancingroads

dancingroads Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In khmer it means 'quay' or 'port'

18. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I fly the day after![:D]very happy

19. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The nuns at the convent would always say, "There's many a slip betwixt the cup and the lip" and "Man proposes and god (the powers that be) opposes". After all that planning, nothing turned out according to plan but I had an unusual time any how. Laugh. [:D]
    The world is quite a circus...

20. scot harper

scot harper Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Suzz, what went so wrong to make it bearable and unusual[}:)].
    Hilights will do and you can change the names to save the guilty party.
    And there is always next time.....Scott. Did the shopping make amends.[?]

21. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

22. brat

brat Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Suzy, it appears to be a very sexually predatory atmosphere in the countries we visited recently, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia, my (Australian) GF had bad dreams about me leaving her when we got back to OZ, most women we met acted very submissive and very complimentary to me!

It's good you give the locals some of their own! :eek:)

23. SuziQ

SuziQ Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0