Anybody passed thru Bueng Kahn border crossing recently?

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
I would highly apreciate any information for the Bueng Kahn Border Crossing - I'm planing to enter Laos with my Thai registered bike around the 20th of february.

Last time I got rejected there, because they don't issue visa on arrival, like at the friendship bridge in Nong Khai. I know most riders are entering in Huay Xai, but it's not possible for me. I need to take my family to Udon Thani and all the way back, would be a pain in the...........!

Any suggestion are more then welcome.

Thanks Rudi

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Rudi-

Haven't crossed there since last year. I believe that VOA are being issued at all border crossings now. To be safe why not just get your visa from one of the travel agencies in CM? They can generally get them in just a few days, OR what I did when they were not issuing VOA's and I was in a hurry is that I went to the Laos Embassy in Khon Khaen on the way.

Again, I am virtually certain that VOA are now available at all international crossings. Maybe someone can confirm?

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
HI

Sorry I can not confirm because at the "Stung Treng" border (Veun Kham) they still not issue VOA:s on the Lao side. The Cambodians do issue VOA:s. This is a 2 month old information.

HIKO

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Yeah, I will definetly get a visa before going into Laos. I'm actually more concerned, if I can pass there this, due to the restriction rumors and new laws of Laos.

Thanks for your replies.

Rudi

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Rudi
Just get a visa & cross over, but make sure you bring your Africa Twin.
After asking around from a far, I don't think there is any new problem to be overly worried about. My ministerial contacts say that there is no new law or policy changes - the situation is "normal."
So we either have a new official dusting off the rule book, or a gentle Lao reminder has been given to someone crossing the border frequently for 12 months on a temporary import.....
I will be in Vte in 3 more days & check again.