Anyone up for a ride next week?

Aug 18, 2008
Hey guys, I am a friend of Simon's, and was out of the country during John and Simon's memorial ride. I hope to be in Chang Mai next weekend and would really like to do some riding and visit the Wat where the trees were planted.

I will need to hire a bike, and would like some recommendations on a good place to stay. I am planning on staying for at least the weekend (arriving Sat Jan 30th, around 12:30 leaving Mon Feb 1st around 13:00) but can stay a few more days with no issue, if that would facilitate a better ride. I am looking forward to riding with some people that know the area, and even better if they also knew Simon.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, and riding the area I have heard such great things about!!

See you all soon!!
Steve

Aug 18, 2008
I have just booked my tickets, and things have changed a bit.
I still arrive on Sat Jan 30th around 12:30 PM, I am now staying until Thursday Feb 4th flight leaves at 15:05.
That being said, I may have furniture shopping obligations with the wife on Sat afternoon, and Sunday. (any suggestions on this will also be appreciated!) Then she leaves on Monday, and I am free to ride and stay where ever until Thursday!!

Hiring a Kawa retracing the memorial loop is a great plan!! Noel is on his way over with some maps and ideas, but would rather go with a bunch of the locals up there, rather than stumble around on my own. Sounds like Ian and David may be up for a bit of a ride, as well as Sylvia.

Any one else up for a riding with a Phuket boy?
Cheers!
Steve

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Damned it !! I just realized my flight is super early on the 2nd: basically I have to be in Bangkok on Monday night, leaving Chiang Mai sometimes in the afternoon : (

Aanyway your wife could "free you" on sunday for a ride ? ; )

Sylvie
(in transit in Bangkok - tonight in Chiang Mai)

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Ciao,
if you haven't booked anything, I would advice to book at the Jonadda Gueshtouse where I am staying. it is a very nice, right in the center, good value guesthouse: http://www.jonadda.com/
Also John, the owner (member of the forum), has been super helpfull, nice on advices and info on rides, and helping to rent a good bike!
bon voyage !
Sylvie

Aug 18, 2008
Thanks for the info, but I have already booked on a friends recommendation. I am staying at Parasol Inn, and hope to get a bike at Mr. Mechanic.
It is possible that I can get a pass for Sunday! Got anything in mind?
What bike did you hire?

Still looking for folks to ride with from Tuesday to Thursday.... Anyone??

I hope to be in the Kafe on Saturday evening if you want to discuss over a beer. Or feel free to give me a call on +66 (0) 81 844 9345.

Cheers!!
Steve

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Ok !

just back from an other 200km ride (on my own this time) (150km in the middle on the small roads): FANTASTIC !! : ) Chiang Mai-Paeng Faen-Jaeson-Pong Dino. The part between Pang Faen-Phang Thong was GREAT

I have a 250cm3 off road, it is "ok" for the tiny/dirty (therefore - interesting) roads ; )

See you at the KAFE on saturday 9.00pm around a map and a beer : ) and tell your wife we'll all can go to the sunday market on sunday night ;)

Sylvie