Anyone wanna do a Wave VS Dream VS CT VS Twist & Go 'Dual Sport’ 555 / ADV Ride? Like a USA AMA National Annual in a Day? 555

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Anyone wanna do a Wave VS Dream VS CT VS Twist & Go 'Dual Sport’ 555 / ADV Ride? Like a USA AMA National Annual in a Day? 555

Reactions: Ughetto

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Ummm. OK. Some really basic suggestions as a starter, but I’m open to all suggestions. Meet at say PTT Park Hang Dong. Start with Tar Nam Phrae backroads to Pan’s MX track for a lap or two. Then up OB Khan National Park Rd straight past the N/Park and all the way to the dirt track which criss crosses small creek beds and eventually (I’m told) goes to all the way to Samoeng. Then we can ride back the long way on the far North Rd back to Mai Rim. We can maybe do some or Single Track or Observed Trials on the way somewhere. Cap and pipe optional. I look forward to hear your views and suggestions on this.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I read "Twist & Go" but I don't think I'm doing any laps of MX tracks or Single Track or Observed Trials.

Maybe add the word Adventure to your description? AMA National Adventure Riding Series.

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Observed trials is what you make of it, & on a scooter its more limited. I put twist and go in there because there are some elsewhere on the net who think their new ADV Honda will eat a Dream or Wave for lunch. It won’t, so I thought I’d offer those guys a put up or shut up in a good natured way. Single track is not so hard as long as you dont expect high speed, and same applies to hill climbing. Its all about technique within the machines limitations, & riding scooters is a great equaliser, because the guy with most expensive bike aint usually the fastest. As for MX, I’ll try to find a short video of me on Pan’s MX Track on my Dream 125 with 2P Wave Front End...

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
3.jpg
1jpg.jpg
2.jpg

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Heres three different guys on 3 different scooters at Pan’s MX Track. Nobody is setting speed records, as these kind of bikes become too dangerous if you do that. The guy at top is me at 61YO. the guy in middle is about 35YO, and the guy at base is maybe 58YO. But really I’m on here to arrange a ride of a type, style and destination to suit the participants. So, if you want to go for a ride telling us what you can do and would like to do is far more encouraging for all of us than telling us what you won’t do. OK? I’d rather work out a good ride, and actually do it. How about you?

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
So, if you want to go for a ride telling us what you can do and would like to do is far more encouraging for all of us than telling us what you won’t do. OK?

I'm happy with the Monthly meet-ups. Cheers. Not on my twist and go.

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Ughetto. Thanks for that. I must go out now, but will reply again soon. My 125 is a Dream 125 with 2P Caliper Wave Disc Brake front end & Michelin M45’s. Like you. I’ve ridden it everywhere, close to Malaysian Border, Ranong, Phuket, Surat, Chumphon, Krabi etc.