Big Bike Rental Shops in CM

May 6, 2013
Hello to my fellow GT-Riders,

Next two weeks I will be visiting Chiang Mai and intend to make some nice trips and loops in this region.
While arriving here by plane, that obviously means I need to rent a motorcycle here locally at CM.
Googling on the internet produced a few names of rental shops, but not reviewing their reputation, service, maintenance and cost/quality of their bikes.
so I would appreciate some first hand tips and Info's from local GT riders who
can recommend reliable rental shops for big bikes in CM.
Thanks in advance for your help and/or cooperation!!!
Looking forward to make my maiden trip in this astonishing beautiful landscape:)

Kaaskop

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
I thought that Pop and Mr Mechanic were the only two who offer full insurance?

Tony's Big Bikes also have insurance, but only have Honda 500s, no Versys.

May 6, 2013
To TonyBKK and all GT-Riders that kindly responded and gave advice regarding motorcycle rental in CM:
Went to Tony's and Pop rental shops; at Tony's the motivation to rent a motorcycle to a customer was not overwhelming; noticed also the state of maintenance of the bikes was in general
pretty neglected.
Next stop was at POP's rental shop where I almost was jumped at at first sight to rent a bike; after cooling down the owner(I presume he was); inspected some bikes there and discovered
a brand new Honda CB 500 X, so I rented this one on the spot. First trip took me from CM to Chiang Dao and the bike pretty much showed the Honda build-quality(including ABS).
Driving it for two days I discovered that this bike on longer distances does not match my body and the riding position becomes/feel unnatural resulting in several muscle aches in different parts
of the body.
So while enjoying the curvy trips around CM, I am convinced that despite the technical quality of the bike, it's not my cup of tea and I now definitely will look for something in the Kawasaki Vulcan or
Yamaha Bolt segment.
again thanks to all who contributed!
Kaaskop

Dec 14, 2012
I am not sure U will be able to find cruisers to rent in CM...only small TA200 Phantoms and 400cc Steeds in rusty condition.