Bigger Enduro style bike?

May 25, 2010
Does anyone know if there are any rumours or news referring to a bigger cc Crf250L/M or D tracker? like a 400/450. I heard something about Honda making a new 400cc engine, anyone got any more info?

All help well appreciated. T

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Everyone has been wishing for the Same Thing! A Bigger Street Legal Trail Bike but unfortunately nothing ever Happens! Both Kawasaki and Honda are only releasing the 450 in a Full Motocross Bike No Street Legal versions and I doubt it will happen anytime soon here in Thailand as not much Market for a High Dirt Bike with all the Vertically Challenged People in the Population!

Aug 29, 2011
Ian Bungy;290775 wrote: Everyone has been wishing for the Same Thing! A Bigger Street Legal Trail Bike but unfortunately nothing ever Happens! Both Kawasaki and Honda are only releasing the 450 in a Full Motocross Bike No Street Legal versions and I doubt it will happen anytime soon here in Thailand as not much Market for a High Dirt Bike with all the Vertically Challenged People in the Population!
I have to agree with Ian here, your going to be waiting at least two years for a 450 duel sports enduro bike to hit the showrooms of Thailand but possibly may never happen!! :thumbdown:

They are pretty rare bikes to find in the classifieds but a newish DRz400 (2006-10) with legal green book maybe your only realistic choice for this type of bike. BTW I spent nearly 3 months looking for a good DRz400 & it just didn't happen for me, so i opted for a D-Tracker with a 331 big bore kit! :thumbup:

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
tobiascra;290749 wrote: Does anyone know if there are any rumours or news referring to a bigger cc Crf250L/M or D tracker? like a 400/450. I heard something about Honda making a new 400cc engine, anyone got any more info?

All help well appreciated. T
The 400cc engine should be the short-stroke version of the existing 471cc engine used in the CB500 series. Slim chance of seeing that in an enduro frame.

May 25, 2010
Ian Bungy;290775 wrote: Everyone has been wishing for the Same Thing! A Bigger Street Legal Trail Bike but unfortunately nothing ever Happens! Both Kawasaki and Honda are only releasing the 450 in a Full Motocross Bike No Street Legal versions and I doubt it will happen anytime soon here in Thailand as not much Market for a High Dirt Bike with all the Vertically Challenged People in the Population!
Cheers everyone for all the input. So I guess I will be choosing either a KLX250/d tracker or the CRF250L/M version. So Ian since you got both which do you prefer? Clear winner?

Jun 13, 2010
Having tried both I found the CRF a lot funnier from stock but the D-Tracker has overall better quality parts (especially noticeable on the rear shock).

The only downside of the kwaker is the stock restriction but if you can afford to change the ECU and the exhaust its all good.

May 25, 2010
lordofthedreadz;292089 wrote: Having tried both I found the CRF a lot funnier from stock but the D-Tracker has overall better quality parts (especially noticeable on the rear shock).

The only downside of the kwaker is the stock restriction but if you can afford to change the ECU and the exhaust its all good.
Nice points mate. My plan was to spend the money on whatever one I get, get the absolute most I can out of which ever one I choose. I was quite surprised that people were saying the CRF was the better bike, I thought maybe they thought that because its newer.
But with the the lack of adjustable suspension and the single radiator I would have thought people (in general) would think its worse then the D tracker.

Jun 13, 2010
My own experience is only on rental bikes, I never owned any and probably never will, but I did feel the restriction on the D-Tracker and I had more fun overall on the CRF.

If I was considering buying one tho, I will definitly buy a second hand D-Tracker / KLX and mod it to my tastes because the overall quality on the important cycle parts felt better there (not saying the CRF is bad quality, just that the D-Tracker felt better, if Yamaha ever releases enduro/motard models in LOS I will definitly forget about Kawasaki and Honda models).

Renting and owning bikes are two different worlds but it is still a viable option to rent them for a day or two before buying anyway.

May 25, 2010
lordofthedreadz;292115 wrote: My own experience is only on rental bikes, I never owned any and probably never will, but I did feel the restriction on the D-Tracker and I had more fun overall on the CRF.

If I was considering buying one tho, I will definitly buy a second hand D-Tracker / KLX and mod it to my tastes because the overall quality on the important cycle parts felt better there (not saying the CRF is bad quality, just that the D-Tracker felt better, if Yamaha ever releases enduro/motard models in LOS I will definitly forget about Kawasaki and Honda models).

Renting and owning bikes are two different worlds but it is still a viable option to rent them for a day or two before buying anyway.
Cheers. Just wish I could afford the KTM 690 SMCR but in thailand..... Dream on. Hopefully something better is on its way.....

Anyone else that owns/ridden both got any thoughts?