Bike Paper to get out of Thailand in to Laos

Discussion in 'Laos - General Discussion Forum' started by brian_bkk, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. brian_bkk

    brian_bkk Moderator Staff Member

    Hi All,

    last minute trip planned for southern Laos when I get back from Singapore on Tuesday.

    Can anyone please update on the paper work I need to take with me to get the bike out of Thailand

    As far as I am aware:-

    Green Book (No loan, in my name)

    Anything missing?
    Insurance etc on the other side.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Loading...

  3. TonyBKK

    TonyBKK Ol'Timer

    Hey Brian,
    You may want to run down to the Land Transport Office (Morchit) to get your Green Book officially translated into English. Not 100% sure if Laos requires this- I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm either way. I think the main reason this is required is to translate the Thai characters on your license plate. Have a great trip!
  4. brian_bkk

    brian_bkk Moderator Staff Member

    Thanks Tony,

    Other than the Green Book and the translation.. Nothing else is reqiured?
    Look back through the forum and it talked about ITP's being redundant.. and some registration certificate.. Any ideas on the later?

    Thanks again
  5. Moto-Rex

    Moto-Rex Moderator

    Hey Brian.

    Ive only ever needed my green book.

    You also need a passport photo, and a photo copys of your passbook, and first page of green book.


Share This Page