bike transport from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Hope someone can help me with a problem I have: sold my VTR250 to Dean last month who before picking up the bike had to go back to Australia to tend to his mother. This is taking longer than expected. I'm moving at the end of the month to Phuket, so we need to arrange a transport of the bike to Chiang Mai within the next few days. Dean mentioned "G3 Chiang Mai" but I searched this site and googled it, no contact information.
Can anyone forward an email address of these guys or of anybody else who would be able to transport the VTR to Chiang Mai?
Help is appreciated!!!

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Okay, got the number of G3, who told me that they wouldn't pick the bike up. Understandable, it's quite a trip!
They told meto send it through the Post Office. I've read here on gt-rider before that it's possible to ship a bike "by mail". Has anybody done that, were you satisfied, is it recommendable?

Oct 5, 2007
I sold a bike to Hat Yai and the new owner used Thai Parcel Services to transport the bike from Bangkok to Hat Yai. They cam to pick it up at my home and the new owner could collect at the distribution center in Hat Yai.

Please find below an email with contact details. I hope this works for you.

Bert on the bike

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:49 PM
To:
Cc: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
Subject: transfer motorcycle

Dear Sir
As you mentioned earlier regarding to cost of transfer, so I would like to inform youas following:
Packing charge = 450 b
Transfer cost = 1200 b. in Hadyai city.
Pick up charge = 750 b.
Please drains existing fuel till empty.
The schedule of pick up time on 29/01/10 am.
If you have any comments or further information do not hesitate to contact me at Mob 086 342 9616 Phakdee.
Best regards.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Thanks for your post, Bert. Guess this Thai Parcel Service affiliated with the Thailand Post and probably the cheapest way to transport a bike.
I'm wondering how "professional" these guys are and if anybody has any experience in dealing with them. Don't want the bike to get scratched and dented!

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Just be sure to use the fuel riding - as they empty the tank c o m p l e t e l y. Then have whoever is picking the bike up bring a few litres... Maybe you need to bring the bike to the LUKSI Post Office - they have a huge logisitcs hub. There are hundreds of bikes there at any point in time.

I want to try the Rail Service in the other direction. CNX to BKK. As I like the sleeper train... prices are comparable and I hope they will leave the fuel tank alone so one can drive off immediately!

If you still need to do this, we could meet at the train station a few hours before I'm going to CNX this weekend. Haven't booked the bed yet. I could ride the bike to where you want it delivered.

Chris
080 279 1574