Bikes with invoice, 3% excise paid but not registered.

Oct 17, 2006
com a cropper as in a big mess up,

to sell a bike which i had owned for 3 years cost me 100.000 baht to get a duplicate book processed to sell to a guy in Hua Hin , if i kept the bike, then probably would not have been an issue , many other people have been caught out with duplicate books when selling on , especially if the book is not on the Land transport Dept computer in BKK and only on a provincial computer . if transferred between provinces and they have to check with BKK then there will be problems if boo is not 100%.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I've heard that they compare the font/number and type/size on the frame with the original factory ones.
It's difficult to get the exact same ones when restamping the frame.
So even if the resatmp looks perfect to you, if the fonts differ they can refuse transfer or even keep the bike because it's illegal.
Don't know if it's true but it's a simple way to find out if the book is real.

Nov 11, 2006
OK I need some help/advice too. Tried on here years ago without a reply but this seems like the place to try now.
Imported a complete bike years ago - "legally" but was ripped off by the customs/freight broker (and probably customs too) and so have the bike but no customs invoice.
All I need is an invoice to get the bloody thing out of the country so I can sell it/ Don't want to register it.
Any ideas?

Sep 22, 2008
Tony... i think Phil meant Thailand legal in as much as if it's in the computer then its legal... or that Pattaya is a tourist destination with wholesome family fun rather than the open sex capital that it is (prostitution is also illegal :lol-sign: )
or that the money the BIB try and take off ya means you broke the law........ But i know where ya coming from.... Phil it ain't legal it's just WELL there and done.Oh god i'm starting to sound lIke CMX????? :wtf:

Sep 22, 2008
Oh and Johhny. stick ya bike on a boat and then take over to Loas. or ride it down the back lanes into cambodia. or dismantle it again and send it out. OR best thing stick it on MOCYC.COM and sell it as is.... What is it anyway?

Dec 27, 2007
Sure, for viewing in the privacy of my own home. Where's the risk in that? But would I try to smuggle pirated goods past customs? Nope! At my old airline job I had to deal with a number of employees over the years who were ARRESTED at the Narita airport after they were caught with pirated DVD's (and all sorts of other contraband) in their bags. As someone else said earlier on in this thread- it's all about personal choice and how much RISK you are comfortable with. Is buying a pirated DVD as risky as riding an illegal bike? I don't think so... :?

backdoorphil wrote: you every bought a pirate copy dvd off the street here?

[quote quote=TonyBKK][quote quote=backdoorphil]50,000bht, frame re-stamped and its legal.
Beg your pardon but how is re-stamping a frame "legal"??? :crazy:

Nov 11, 2006
thaicbr wrote: Oh and Johhny. stick ya bike on a boat and then take over to Loas. or ride it down the back lanes into cambodia. or dismantle it again and send it out. OR best thing stick it on MOCYC.COM and sell it as is.... What is it anyway?
I imported the bike fully assembled on the advice of the dodgy customs/freight broker. I don't want to disassemble it as imported spare parts attract duty whereas a fully assembled bike does not - in Australia at least.

Are you saying that if I got it into Cambodia I could export it from there without a problem?

It's a 1981 Triumph 750 Bonneville Royal Wedding Special. Bought it new in UK when it was made to celebrate the last Royal Wedding. Only 250 made.

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
JohhnyE wrote: [quote quote=thaicbr]Oh and Johhny. stick ya bike on a boat and then take over to Loas. or ride it down the back lanes into cambodia. or dismantle it again and send it out. OR best thing stick it on MOCYC.COM and sell it as is.... What is it anyway?
I imported the bike fully assembled on the advice of the dodgy customs/freight broker. I don't want to disassemble it as imported spare parts attract duty whereas a fully assembled bike does not - in Australia at least.

Are you saying that if I got it into Cambodia I could export it from there without a problem?

It's a 1981 Triumph 750 Bonneville Royal Wedding Special. Bought it new in UK when it was made to celebrate the last Royal Wedding. Only 250 made.
Why do you want to sell it? Sounds like a good bike. Must be worth a few quid especially in UK? Or is that your plan?

Nov 11, 2006
It is worth a few quid in the UK and that's where I'd like to ship it to subject to finding a buyer.

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
There ain't much to that old Trumpets can't you just strip it and send the engine and frame separately in different containers?

Nov 11, 2006
Yes I know it's easy and us here in Thailand know why that's necessary. I only worry about what a prospective buyer might think. And I think it might deter some buyers as well not knowing if all the parts are there etc etc.
It may be the only option at the end of the day but there is also the customs duty problem I mentioned.

Oct 17, 2006
They made a thousand Jubillee Bonnies as I have owned 2 of them and both had the special certificate .made a mint on both when i sold em.

Nov 11, 2006
I had a Jubilee as well. Used to import Triumphs to Australia from UK when that was profitable.

Feb 5, 2007
I have decided to buy a legit green book for my Royal Enfield via bent officials, rather than hope that the current situation allowing one to get by in CM with paying the excise only will not change.

The book is worth the same as the bike, however IMHO the only long term way, unless I use it as a lawn ornament.