BOARDER CROSSING MALEISIA AND SINGAPORE

Dec 3, 2005
We crossed boarder two weeks ago from Thailand to Maleisia nearby Satun, road number 4184. If you cross boarder with a Thai registrated bike you have to let your green book translated in English at the Ministry of Transport. Than they give you a paper that you need for insurrance in Maleisia. If you don't stay in Thailand for at least one year and if you don't have an adress in Thailand, you can not get this paper. Than if you make your insurrance in order in Maleisia you have to get the original paper of the insurrance, it is blue or green color, otherwise you can not cross boarder in Singapore. Today we would cross boarder to Singapore and they didn't let us in because we did not have the original insurrance paper. So check everything. Hopefully this will help some people to cross boarders.

samson

Jun 9, 2005
hello fillip i am now in krabi to let my green boek tanslatet . i am not a residend in thailand but i am gone try too enter mallasia enyway . keep you up to date wat wil happen

samson

Jun 9, 2005
i crosed the border in sungai kolok there was no problem with the bike . i even didend translated the green boek . i asked tree times if there was no problem too take the bike in . they just said go no problem

Dec 3, 2005
Hallo Samson
I see you cross boarder.To get in with the motorbike is no problem.
What about insurrance ?
Do you have one ?

Dec 3, 2005
Then you must becareful.
Wish you good luck en drive safety.
Go to visit cameron highlands it is very nice,also the way to Frasers Hill.
En dont forget to take road number 4 the east-west way in the nord of Malaysia also very nice.
See you

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Did anyone use a Carnet De Passage?

"growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!"

Dec 3, 2005
When you have a thai registraded bike you dont need a carnet de passage.When the bike is not thai registraded i think you need to use
your carnet de passage.

Greetings Filip.