Boored at home so going for a ride 408Km in 5hrs

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Roads 23,2002,202,2112,2134,217,213and then ring road and back to 23 on the way home.
Darn it has been booring, so today i had to get up and riding, went to Google maps and looked what king of look i could make a and came up with this
408km.jpg

408Km in lenght and i started at 12 noon time,, and yes it was hot,, did i say that it was hot hot,, +34.5C air flow temperaure while riding.
IMG_4964.jpg

Nice weather when i left home and no traic on HW 23
IMG_4967.jpg

While i was riding idea came to my mind, that should i get bike cleaned,, it havent seen water since CM bike week
IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

RD 2002 i pass by this village, they all make traingle pillows and all houses selling them as well.
IMG_4978.jpg

Nice roads(in the begining)
IMG_4983.jpg

No traffic and ONLY 2 idiots today on the road, both of them where over taking cars in BLIND bend what was right turn for me and they came against me on the wrong side of the road,, well "international sign lanquage was shown ammongs the horn, i know it wont help but i felt better)
IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

Why im riding wrong side of the road,,well look the road, full of potholes
RD 2112 with in 109Km there was total of 15km pothole sections.
IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

Potholes an then again potholes
IMG_5002.jpg

I mean serious potholes
IMG_5004.jpg

after potholes Brilliant road and speed is up again BUT behind next curve was again....
IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

Serious set of potholes,, and i got hit 1 time really hard as there was no way to stop so fast...
IMG_5019.jpg

and again nice roads
IMG_5020.jpg

In this loop any idea where is this nice white marble Temple located?
IMG_5022.jpg

on road 217 is very famos it's drums but they cost a lot of money, i went to ask one time,few yrs back and simple small drum cost about 40K

I know many(most) do not like to ride night time, but i some how do and reasson is my head light's 5000K low nd high beam, it gives me bright and really wide view
IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

Last but not least Trip data from my GPS
IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Captain_Slash wrote: It sounds like you had a good time Marco despite the potholes, you should come back up north the temperature is a lot cooler up here
Yeah North is fun with often 11 degrees (in Maerim) in the morning! Even shower is not hot :(!

I like the Google maps but have to find out how to draw it properly, particularly for slightly different itineraries than the proposed one. It gives easy overview about tours, without searching route numbers on maps.

Any advise?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Colin

Yes i know it's cooler up there but in current situation i can't leave my home as i have 2 small rottweiler pussies here and they need so Dicipliner action daily and other reasson is work as im wating something to be confirmed eithe way, before that is cleared eiter i can go ridig up or i go work.
16th Jan i will be in Nong Khai.

Jurgen

Google maps are really easy to work with and only what you need to find is your "Starting" point, then on your mous right click and point get direction from here and then zoom your map to large scale and then when you find your next turning point "Right" click again and to here and you will get route drawed to you, then next and same with mouse.

IF your route is not what you wanted MOVE your point little bit back wards as then Maps will automatically re-dreaw it, then then yu get your whole round as you wanted then in your computer Key board there is"Print Screen button (PRTSC) PUSH THAT and you had your page coied, then open your picture editing program or microsoft paint and then paste or CTRL-V (Paste) and you will get screen picture to there, and then you cn Crop it, this should work

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah Marco you must have been really bored !!! Doing this pothole slalom and then go home during dusk and dark with all kinda insects and flies sticking all over your front is no joy.......especially with oncoming Somchai's pick-up having the highbeams on and not reacting to your flashing lights, or unlighted 'Iten' riding 5kms/hr, without lights naturally. You know the stationary one pot Diesel driven agrisomethings.......55555.
What happened to your hand usually it's more stable and fotos aren't that blurred, ahhhhhhhh couldn't get back home quick enough to your sofa and the yellowish chilled fluid :evil: you call beer :twisted: ........ :wink: :? . Cheers, Franz

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Thank you Marco, I will try to follow your hints. It is really easier than: scan a map ... stabilo color ... scan again :). It needs a little practice as I have not yet played a lot with Google maps.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Franz wrote: Yeah Marco you must have been really bored !!! Doing this pothole slalom and then go home during dusk and dark with all kinda insects and flies sticking all over your front is no joy.......especially with oncoming Somchai's pick-up having the highbeams on and not reacting to your flashing lights, or unlighted 'Iten' riding 5kms/hr, without lights naturally. You know the stationary one pot Diesel driven agrisomethings.......55555.
What happened to your hand usually it's more stable and fotos aren't that blurred, ahhhhhhhh couldn't get back home quick enough to your sofa and the yellowish chilled fluid :evil: you call beer :twisted: ........ :wink: :? . Cheers, Franz
Franz

I actually LOVE riding night time, especially here as i know all the roads and road from ubon to my home 40Km is NOW 4lane super fastsmooth and i usually done abt 130km/h in that 40km and pissing of Somchais with my 5000K HID head lights and for the record, Im OFF from Chang now few few weeks, just giving my lacy body time to rest....

Day ride was dispite potholes enjoyble but darn hot and i saw new roads and found that i dont need to go anywhere in those roads as there was actually NOTHING to see.