Border Crossing With A Bike Not Registered Under My Name

Discussion in 'Cambodia - General Discussion Forum' started by Azoulay, Jul 9, 2016.

  1. #1 Azoulay, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Hi Friends,

    Long time I did not post on the forum but this time I would like to have some information and your support on border crossing Thailand to Cambodia and back at Had Lek( East of Trat) with a bike which is not registered under my name, but I have the Green Book and document of registration..The bike is registered in Bangkok,Thailand.
    I would like to travel to Sihanoukville, any advice would be welcome.

    - Could you please tell me if Trat is the right point to enter Cambodia ?

    - Could you please tell me what document I would need for the bike considering that the bike is registered under the name of my friend but I have the green book and she would be ready to establish any kind of official document on purpose ?

    - Could you please tell me what document I would need for me apart from my passeport with a valid Thai visa and Arrival Card ?

    Thanks in advance for your reply back, I plan to do this trip around beginning August 2016.

    Keep the Power On !

  2. Basically what you need is a "power of attorney" form, available for download on the web. I've attached a copy here. Or it can be obtained from any Land Transport Department office for free. You will also need to attach 30 Baht in stamps (also available from the LTD). The owner needs to sign and date the form and be accompanied by a photocopy of the owners ID card or passport, also signed.

    The power of attorney form is only in Thai. There is no need to translate it to English or have it verified anywhere - all the owner's details must be included however. I have crossed borders 6 times with a power of attorney form. Some borders will ask you to take a photocopy of the completed form and retain both the original and its copy; others will only keep the copy. In any case only the Thai side cares about this form. You won't be asked to show it to the Cambodian customs officials.

    I've entered/exited Cambodia at Had Lek/Koh Kong a few times. Was asked to pay 100 Baht for each day I was in Cambodia and told not to exit the province. It was no problem continuing to other places. Just that customs held onto my Thai customs paperwork.

    Hope this helps.


    Attached Files:

    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hi Jim,

    Thanks for these precious informations, I will anyway go to the Land Transport Department, a good idea.

    Keep the power on.

Share This Page