Buying a Tiger Retro with Sidecar

Dec 27, 2007
I decided to order a Tiger Retro with sidecar for my staff- Saw it at the Bangkok Motor Show and it would be damn cute and economical for my staff to run orders to the post office. My son loved it as well-
040410RetroSideCarSm.jpg

Anyway- I seemed to recall that we can order Tiger motorcycles via the Tiger-Sachs forum but I couldn't find the page... Reinhard over at the tiger-sachs forum was very helpful and gave me all the info about price(s) colors and how to place an order. I wasn't sure if Tiger had them in stock and wanted to get one before I travel to the US at the end of the month. My staff are going to try and get drivers licenses tomorrow. (I told them I will only buy the Retro if they have valid licenses). Typical Isaan girls they've never had a license in their lives! :lol: As soon as one of them gets a license I will order the Retro with sidecar.

Happy Trails!

Tony
040410RetroSideCarBk.jpg
[/quote]

Dec 27, 2007
Tiger continues to impress- they showed up at my office with the Tiger in a Tiger :lol: right on time-
040910TigerRetroSm.jpg

Gave me a quick run down on the bike- as you can imagine it's pretty simple. My son jumped right in and was like, COME ON DAD- TAKE ME FOR A RIDE NOW! :salut:
040910TigerRetro5Sm.jpg

Took it for a quick spin around the parking lot and well, gee, having never ridden a bike with sidecar before I have to say it does take a little getting used to! :shock:
040910TigerRetro2Sm.jpg

And someone please explain to me what that front brake is all about?! I've never seen such a contraption- when you get on the front brake instead of fork dive you get with normal bikes the Tiger Retro actually jumps UP at the front- it's the weirdest feeling and I'll have to ride it some more to figure it out. Warning to anyone else who may get one of these- you pretty much lose all turning ability when you get on the front brake. The front end comes up and straightens out and it's almost impossible to get the bike to turn if you are heavy on the front brake.

Anyway- this thing isn't meant to go fast and the rear brake is linked to the sidecar wheel as well so unlike regular motorcycles the rear brake is actually quite effective as it's braking 2 wheels.

Apparently the Tiger Retro tastes good too :mrgreen:
040910TigerRetro8Sm.jpg

A bit off topic- I wasn't actually expecting Tiger to deliver the bike so quickly and I bought it for my staff to run orders to the post office. I told them I'd get them the Tiger if they got their drivers licenses. Cuz, like typical Isaan girls they've been riding scoots for years but never bothered with a license.

So while I'm waiting at the office for the Retro to show up they go to get their licenses and guess what- they both FAILED the test! :lol:
040910TigerRetro9Sm.jpg

Oh- one more thing - everyone who's seen this bike has been asking about it- There's something about this unusual contraption that just seems to make people smile and laugh. I did some driving around my Moo Baan and all the parents and kids and security guards were smiling and pointing at the farang on his retro scooter and his son in the flashy sidecar. The sidecar is pretty roomy (for my 3 year old) ;) - but I think tall folks will have a hard time sitting in it. (Actually I haven't tried sitting in it yet...)

Well, my worker bees will make another attempt for their licenses on Monday- wish us luck!

Happy Trails,

Tony on a Tiger

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Good on 'ya Tony! :clap: I must say this setup caught my eye just a few days ago, along with the TT150 Classic that isn't yet available. Here is the link: http://tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html. I haven't quite figured out any way to justify it at this point,so I will have to enjoy it vicariously through your experience. Or, maybe come join your staff? It looks like great fun. Keep us informed. Thanks. :mrgreen:

BTW: I have had a Tiger Joker since they introduced it about 2002, I believe. I have replaced one CDI @ 180bt and a Honda frt brake master cyclinder (the dealer told me Honda/Joker same-same) at some ridiculously low cost . It just keeps on going...........Enjoy.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Well Done Tony,
I thought they Looked Great Also and had the Same Idea about getting one for the Staff to use? I also Loved the Retro Scrambler they had with the Fancy Exhaust but never managed a Photo? That would be a Great Town Bike!!! Looked very Similar to the Honda CT90 & Honda CT110 we have in Australia for Farm Bikes also known as a "Postie Bike" For the Price You can't go wrong!!! :happy1:

Nov 7, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: Well Done Tony,
I thought they Looked Great Also and had the Same Idea about getting one for the Staff to use? I also Loved the Retro Scrambler they had with the Fancy Exhaust but never managed a Photo? That would be a Great Town Bike!!! Looked very Similar to the Honda CT90 & Honda CT110 we have in Australia for Farm Bikes also known as a "Postie Bike" For the Price You can't go wrong!!! :happy1:

I thought the same about the Retro Scrambler and wonder how it sounds with the little tsukigi exhaust. Will post more info(ie price) as it becomes available. They working on a brochure at moment and believe we can see it available shortly.

Here some pics of it- enjoy :thumbup: :

4509294555_68327c5d88_o.jpg

4509294125_a0846902cb_o.jpg

4509293869_f08d648f8b_o.jpg

4509932512_2aa26990e1_o.jpg

4509293419_b5f8757a22_o.jpg

Happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK wrote: Tiger continues to impress- they showed up at my office with the Tiger in a Tiger :lol: right on time-
040910TigerRetroSm.jpg

Gave me a quick run down on the bike- as you can imagine it's pretty simple. My son jumped right in and was like, COME ON DAD- TAKE ME FOR A RIDE NOW! :salut:
040910TigerRetro5Sm.jpg

Took it for a quick spin around the parking lot and well, gee, having never ridden a bike with sidecar before I have to say it does take a little getting used to! :shock:
040910TigerRetro2Sm.jpg

And someone please explain to me what that front brake is all about?! I've never seen such a contraption- when you get on the front brake instead of fork dive you get with normal bikes the Tiger Retro actually jumps UP at the front- it's the weirdest feeling and I'll have to ride it some more to figure it out. Warning to anyone else who may get one of these- you pretty much lose all turning ability when you get on the front brake. The front end comes up and straightens out and it's almost impossible to get the bike to turn if you are heavy on the front brake.

Anyway- this thing isn't meant to go fast and the rear brake is linked to the sidecar wheel as well so unlike regular motorcycles the rear brake is actually quite effective as it's braking 2 wheels.

Apparently the Tiger Retro tastes good too :mrgreen:
040910TigerRetro8Sm.jpg

A bit off topic- I wasn't actually expecting Tiger to deliver the bike so quickly and I bought it for my staff to run orders to the post office. I told them I'd get them the Tiger if they got their drivers licenses. Cuz, like typical Isaan girls they've been riding scoots for years but never bothered with a license.

So while I'm waiting at the office for the Retro to show up they go to get their licenses and guess what- they both FAILED the test! :lol:
040910TigerRetro9Sm.jpg

Oh- one more thing - everyone who's seen this bike has been asking about it- There's something about this unusual contraption that just seems to make people smile and laugh. I did some driving around my Moo Baan and all the parents and kids and security guards were smiling and pointing at the farang on his retro scooter and his son in the flashy sidecar. The sidecar is pretty roomy (for my 3 year old) ;) - but I think tall folks will have a hard time sitting in it. (Actually I haven't tried sitting in it yet...)

Well, my worker bees will make another attempt for their licenses on Monday- wish us luck!

Happy Trails,

Tony on a Tiger

Hi Tony,

All the best on the new Retro with sidecar :clap: i hope you enjoy riding it and am sure it gets a lot attention too 8) ...am thinking about getting one myself.
It was really a bit of luck being able getting the Retro with sidecar so fast.... i wonder how many case of beer fit in the sidecar??? Did you check on this? :lol:

Happy trails,

Mbox

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Thanks mbox for Posting the Scrambler Photos, Much appreciated! Let Us know when We can Buy them and if I can get it here in Chiang Mai and I will probably get one!!! Classic Stuff :clap:

Nov 7, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: Thanks mbox for Posting the Scrambler Photos, Much appreciated! Let Us know when We can Buy them and if I can get it here in Chiang Mai and I will probably get one!!! Classic Stuff :clap:
Hi Ian,
Will let you know when it will be available..
You can get any Tiger/Sachs Bike(well except the TT150 & x-road 250 ) anywhere in thailand....this the reason why the online shop was made. Service is normally not a problem and if the service guys don't have the right spare it will be shipped anywhere needed and that is usually within days, but finding a dealer that knows what is going on and what is available is often the issue. When i bought my Tiger Boxer 250RS i went first in a local dealership...that dealer wanted to sell me all other bikes but a Tiger Boxer...so i went to BKK and ordered it there with a few extras like windshield, rack for topbox and kickstarter ...all no problem ( the dealer in my hometown told me not possible for those specials)
here the link to the online shop (maintained by wife and myself): http://tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html
Once the scrambler and other models are available you will find them there on the drop-down list to order, plus i will announce it here too.

Happy trails,

mbox

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks for all the replies! :happy2:

Just want to share with everyone how easy it has been to order the Tiger Retro 110 with Sidecar!

I went to the Tiger-Sachs website and filled out the online order form.

Received a phone call the next day that the bike was in stock and ready to ship.

Filled in another order form (a bit redundant but oh well) and transferred the payment and the bike was delivered to my office the following day!

How is that for efficiency?! Another 1000 Baht and Tiger will take care of all the paperwork and registration- awesome!

I've never bought a vehicle on the internet like this and must say it's amazingly simple and efficient.

Even though the bike isn't really for me I'm quite happy with it and my son just LOVES that sidecar. :mrgreen:

Never seen one of these on the road yet here in Thailand and it definitely turns heads.

I'll keep you posted on how the bike performs.

Thank you again mbox for your kind assistance in making this a very easy and enjoyable purchase!

Warm regards,

Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony, congrats on the new bike in your house !!!! Nice colour too, still pondering if I should restore an old Cub C90 or C100 or do the same as you and get the Retro from Tiger......must check if they also have it in pink or purple !!!! :lol-sign:
Cheers, Franz

Nov 7, 2007
Franz wrote: Tony, congrats on the new bike in your house !!!! Nice colour too, still pondering if I should restore an old Cub C90 or C100 or do the same as you and get the Retro from Tiger......must check if they also have it in pink or purple !!!! :lol-sign:
Cheers, Franz

Hi Franz....here is one of the pink ones:
DSCF4685%20%28Large%29.jpg

If you want to go for one and have color requirements, let me know
happy trails,

mbox

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Thanks Reinhard, that's the colour I want, are there already any aftermarket parts available for more ''peronalising'' the bike ?? What's the current price shipped & registered to & in Chiang Mai ? If I find a buyer for the 3 year old Suzuki-Step 125 HiClass, I might just swap them............Many thanks, Franz

Nov 7, 2007
Franz wrote: Thanks Reinhard, that's the colour I want, are there already any aftermarket parts available for more ''peronalising'' the bike ?? What's the current price shipped & registered to & in Chiang Mai ? If I find a buyer for the 3 year old Suzuki-Step 125 HiClass, I might just swap them............Many thanks, Franz
Hi Franz,
The Retro 110C costs 29800 THB and delivery to chiang mai is 1260 ThB
aftermarket parts include; windhield , saddlebag,basket fendermount, basket to mount inside, sissibag , lamps ( currently unavailable but you can use the same lamps as on the fino)

here some pictures..note: some of this items on the brochure that are no longer available - (they are working on a new brochure). Spoke rims and lampset is currently unavailable( they removed it as this are pieces they get from supliers , but the quality was not so great)
Accessories%20Retro_lrg.jpg

4519899348_20034b01ff_o.jpg

4519899362_c2cbef6897_o.jpg

4519899372_c362e7cfab_o.jpg

if you have any questions let me know.

happy trails,

mbox

Dec 27, 2007
mbox999 wrote: [quote quote=Franz]Tony, congrats on the new bike in your house !!!! Nice colour too, still pondering if I should restore an old Cub C90 or C100 or do the same as you and get the Retro from Tiger......must check if they also have it in pink or purple !!!! :lol-sign:
Cheers, Franz

Hi Franz....here is one of the pink ones:
DSCF4685%20%28Large%29.jpg

If you want to go for one and have color requirements, let me know
happy trails,

mbox
Ah ha ha ha!!!! :lol-sign: I would pay to see Franz on a pink Retro!
LaughingSign.gif

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony you will !! That was actually my plan with any of the SRX'ses, but have to get pink shirt, white trousers, pinks sneakers and a pink helmet first !!!! will look then like a lollipop......555555555, cheers, Franz

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Franz wrote: Tony you will !! That was actually my plan with any of the SRX'ses, but have to get pink shirt, white trousers, pinks sneakers and a pink helmet first !!!! will look then like a lollipop......555555555, cheers, Franz
Talk to Thim. She can give you here sources...........

pillow.jpg

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Tony, hi Friends,

Once again Tony has been at the edge with a pionneer attitude...Maybe it's the birth of our new son 2 month ago or my neglection for small bikes, but i should say that I totally missed the posts on TIGER and specially the posts on this Tiger Retro with Sidecar.

Tony, as our reference tester (you did it already with 2 Kawasaki bikes ER-6N and the last one) after few weeks/month of using this nice Tiger retro with the sidecar, do you confirm your first good impression ?

As I surfed on the forum, found your post and show to the Family, down here, all agreed that i'ts typically what we would need for our Cha-Am base, everybody loved it and I think I am"forced" to get one set.

However three questions (apart the usuals ones on reliability of the engine along time) wondered me:

-what do you meant by "Driver licenses", does this bike with a sidecar requires a specila driving license, apart from the one we use for cars or big bikes ?

-did you get the plates and Green Book easily ?

-if once we would like to separate the bike from it's side car, is it user friendly and easy ?

Our idea, after a Sunday spent at watching the diffrent informations around it, would go for a Tiger Retro with Sidecar fited with:

-a Multi Lamp Holder plus 4 Lamps
-a shield
-and why not the wheels with 72 spoken rims if it would be available on the 3 wheels of the set.

On an other hand, we did not make our choice yet on the colours, but would you imagine special painting on special order with TIGER ? Do you know about new colours, it sems they will launch a Pink one and ?

It looks like a wonderful toy to shop in town, join the beach or small journeys.

If you have time please feedback your experience about this, thanks in advance.

If I didn't know TIGER as a bike brand in the past, I remember SACHS, in Continental Europe, they use to sell small bikes as well as famous engine for different bike makers (the good oldies...).

For those who wonder about me, feel better, I do not switch yet to small bikes and I still intend to get an other big one this year too, but I could not resist to tony's promotion for this model.

Nov 7, 2007
Azoulay wrote: Hi Tony, hi Friends,
Hi Azoulay please see answers below:
Once again Tony has been at the edge with a pionneer attitude...Maybe it's the birth of our new son 2 month ago or my neglection for small bikes, but i should say that I totally missed the posts on TIGER and specially the posts on this Tiger Retro with Sidecar.

Tony, as our reference tester (you did it already with 2 Kawasaki bikes ER-6N and the last one) after few weeks/month of using this nice Tiger retro with the sidecar, do you confirm your first good impression ?
It needs to be pointed out that it needs a bit more care to drive a light Bike with a sidecar(retro w/sidecar), not only when you do the curves but also braking , because of the lightweight on the bike no high speeds are recommended and a holding the handlebar with 2 hands is essential while driving.

As I surfed on the forum, found your post and show to the Family, down here, all agreed that i'ts typically what we would need for our Cha-Am base, everybody loved it and I think I am"forced" to get one set.

However three questions (apart the usuals ones on reliability of the engine along time) wondered me:

-what do you meant by "Driver licenses", does this bike with a sidecar requires a specila driving license, apart from the one we use for cars or big bikes ?
He meant the regular drivers licence for his Staff...they never had any...there is no need for a special licence on the retro w/sidecar

-did you get the plates and Green Book easily ?
He did ask Tiger Motors (for an extra fee of 1500 THB- but was by mistake only charged 1000 THB) to do it for him, it is same as being done on any Bike , takes about 4 weeks to receive the green book on a new bike- it was applied for after songkran so it will be ready in roundabou 3 weeks i guess

-if once we would like to separate the bike from it's side car, is it user friendly and easy ?
It can be done but is not really recommended ...you would also have to disconnect the brakelines and the powercables for the light too.

Our idea, after a Sunday spent at watching the diffrent informations around it, would go for a Tiger Retro with Sidecar fited with:

-a Multi Lamp Holder plus 4 Lamps as mentioned in the prior post, not available
-a shield
-and why not the wheels with 72 spoken rims if it would be available on the 3 wheels of the set. as mentioned in the prior post, not available
On an other hand, we did not make our choice yet on the colours, but would you imagine special painting on special order with TIGER ? Do you know about new colours, it sems they will launch a Pink one and ?
You can order on special colors (such as pink- free of charge - but a 50 % deposit is charged while normally it is 20 % deposit on order is requested) , if you wish to go ahead you can contact me at [email [email protected]][email protected][/email] or you can order here too http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

It looks like a wonderful toy to shop in town, join the beach or small journeys.

If you have time please feedback your experience about this, thanks in advance.

If I didn't know TIGER as a bike brand in the past, I remember SACHS, in Continental Europe, they use to sell small bikes as well as famous engine for different bike makers (the good oldies...).

For those who wonder about me, feel better, I do not switch yet to small bikes and I still intend to get an other big one this year too, but I could not resist to tony's promotion for this model.
Hope this answers the question and sure also look forward to Tony's reply on this,

Happy trails,

mbox

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

After some 2 month of having the bike -a Tiger Retro with Sidecar", and despites of my appeal for big bikes, I would like to commun icate you the extreme satisfaction I have with this "small toy"....

Tiger made it well and it's an every day pleasure to drive it to go to the Seven/Eleven, to the beach or to neighbours, it allways brings eyes of sympathy on you ,I do not cease to repeat wher I sourced it and that is proudly "Made in Thailand".

A very good value for money, a very good service from Tiger (I just had a small issue with the electric start and they immediatly send me the parts by EMS), every thing fine.

I only regret that the brand is not more developped around there and even in other countries.

So thanks again Tony and others for having brang this to my attention through this forum, good finding, hope we could have some others.

Not being very used to pictures uploading I will however try to in the coming days.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

Now that I relink with the way of uploading pictures, here are some pictures of the wonderfull machine that appeals all eyes....

IMG00468-20100802-1653.jpg
IMG00391-20100718-1238.jpg

IMG00554-20100819-0753.jpg
IMG00555-20100819-0754.jpg

A nice little machine.

Dec 27, 2007
We're still enjoying our Tiger Retro w/ Sidecar as well!
A recent pic-

267174=2876-April12SidecarBabySm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

May 7, 2011
i live in Bangkok
how can i buy a retro tiger? and from where give me please the number to call
also am i able to just buy the side car?
please mail me
[email protected] call tim 0858012842

i live in silom sathorn area and want to buy this either as a unit or seperate thanks for your help in this
warm regrds Tim Hedges:thumbup: