California 2...is back and re-opened!!

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
California 2 has been re-opened by the original owner 'Jim'. It is in a new location, but still on the riverfront at 79 Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh.

CA2 became legendary as a hospitable place for bikers and tourists. It provided decent lodging, good food at fair prices, as well as providing
accurate info on riding conditions and general Cambo scuttlebutt.

You can read more of the recent re-opening of CA2 in the post below:

http://khmer440.com/article.php?id=1143

Oct 12, 2005
Great news to hear an Icon is back in the game. Both times I have been over in Cambodia Jim has been an accurate, up to date, no conflict of interest (B.S.), free of charge source of recommendations that were extremely helpful for information on riding bikes in Cambodia :D

Here's wishing Jim fantastic luck with his new venture and will stop by, hole up, and see him in a few weeks when I'm over there.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Tremendous to hear that Jim is back.
A mean off-road rider and excellent photographer he is generous to a fault.
If you are new to Cambo then you are well advised to try and get a room
- though you will need to book ahead he was always full when I was passing through.
He deserves all the success that he should get.
And in Cambo you cannot say that of many people.

JimCA2

Jan 3, 2004
Thanks to all for the nice comments. Finally I am caught up with construction and the opening to spend a little time on the board. I haven't been on a ride in over a year and a half. grim!

I want to do sisaket and happy to read a trip report on the same (only in reverse).

Though I have only been open about a month, (and off the scene for a year and half) it all came together when Mark and Nikki came into my bar on a recommendation from Jim in Laos. What a nice feeling to be back in the network. They covered their VN experience/getting in etc. The real icing on the cake was Murray from Harley Tours Cambodia was in having a beer at the same time and I was able to put them together. I believe the ended up hooking up and going up to Siem Reap together. I was looking for a post but didnt see one yet.

I have 3 guys based in Dubai over on a trip right now doing a little dirt and day trips out of the city. They are having a blast. Glad I saved my photo albums, but I do need to get back out and see what has been paved.

Again we are located at 79 Sisowath on the riverfront, between a coffee and a coffin shop. I do 4 shifts at Sharky monday thru thursday from 4-10PM and am usually at Cali 2 when I am not at Sharky. I do sleep in.
We are at the north end of the riverfront so we are the first stop on the way in from Battambang and Kampong Cham. We are now 24 hours so you early riders can get a good american breakfast before heading out.

We do have security at 11p to 7a so bike parking out front isn't an issue.

Thanks again for the nice comments and I happy that I will be able to contribute to the biking community again.

Jim