Cambodia - 1 years' business VISA?

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Hi All,

the Cambodian government's website publishes an invalid number and e-mail address for their BKK embassy :roll:

This might be the best way to a multi-entry VISA.

Hope to get it sorted soon!

Ride on,
Chris

Dec 27, 2007
A google search came up with the following:

Cambodia Visa: Applying For an
On-Arrival Business Visa

If you want to stay for several months in Cambodia, you'll need a different Cambodia Visa: the business visa.

Although a tourist visa can be renewed once for another 30 days, you'll have to leave the country and return if you want to stay longer.

This is called doing a visa run, and it happens often enough amongst travelers.

But there is another option for travelers who plan to stay in Cambodia for more than 30 days, and that is to get a business Cambodia visa. Although the business visa is only valid for 30 days, it is renewable. This means you won’t have to leave the country, therefore saving you time and money.

Unlike the normal tourist visa, you cannot apply for a business visa online. You have to get it either through an on-arrival visa or through an embassy prior to the trip.

What you’ll need to apply for an on-arrival business visa:

1. Passport with at least one page empty for the visa, and 6 months validity
2. Application form, provided at the airport
3. $25 application fee
4. One (1) passport sized photo
5. A pen for filling out the form

How to get the on-arrival business visa
The process for obtaining an on-arrival visa is simple enough. In fact, it is exactly the same as applying for an on-arrival tourist visa. But this time you check the business visa box on the the application form and indicate that you’re planning to stay for more than 30 days.

The officers don’t ask a lot of questions about your length of stay. Obviously it’s usual for travelers to fall in love with Cambodia and stay more than a month.

The application form
The application form is simple, short, and straightforward. Nothing extra is necessary, only a passport photo for the application. You don’t even need to have the photo printed on film paper. A color photo printed on normal paper is enough.

It's not a big problem if you forget your photo, but you do have to pay a few dollars for them to take your photo.

Where to submit the application and pay the visa fee
There is a separate lane for submitting the visa application and for picking it up. After submitting the application to the appointed section and paying the fee ($25 for business visa), they’ll take your passport and work on it for a while. In the meantime, you’re asked to move to another area to wait.

Where to pick up your visa and passport
It takes them about 20 minutes to afix the Cambodia visa sticker to the passport, fill in the info, and do whatever else they do before they call out your name and give you your passport back.

Sometimes they don’t even call your name, they just raise up a passport with the photo clearly visible and let whoever owns it come forward to claim it.

The immigration process
Once you get your passport back, it's time for the actual immigration process.

Since it takes awhile to get your on-arrival visa, most of the tourists will be gone by time you get to the immigration line. So the nice thing is that you don’t have to wait in line for long before it's your turn.

Here, the immigration officer will also take a digital photo of you before she lets you go (no, you don’t get to see how your photo turns out). They have this nifty, long neck web camera that she can easily position in order to get you in the frame.

Once all that’s done, you're then free to claim your luggage (if any) and explore Cambodia.

So In Short…
Getting a Cambodia visa isn’t at all difficult. Even when you’re trying to get a business visa in anticipation of a longer visit, they don’t ask many questions, but instead just give you what you ask for. If only they gave out a 3-month, 6-month, or yearly Cambodia visa. That would be so convenient for many travelers.

But of course, that would wipe out sources of income for the locals as the process of renewing visas is usually outsourced to agents and guesthouses.

P.S. For up-to-date information about visa requirements and so forth, check this official visa site by the Cambodian government.

http://www.helmetcamera.com/acart/agora ... e_Packages

Happy Trails!

Tony

Oct 27, 2009
Hi Chris

Did all the research on this a week or 2 ago

Fly into phnom penh, get a 1 month BUSINESS visa

Then use a company (lucky lucky, monivong boulvard) to handle getting your 6 month or 1 year visa, or you could ask around for where to do it all yourself.

Fee's i saw where $270 for the 1 year visa from the government, not sure what a company like lucky lucky would charge on top of that.

Personally I'm just going to get the 1 month business visa at the airport then ask the local phalangs at the bars for the first few weeks.

From everythings i've read its pretty easy to get.

Mark Nutley

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Well, I finally found a v a l i d phone number for their embassy and called 02 957 5851. The girl told me it would be more or less instant and just cost "$ 35". Seems she misunderstood me asking for the 1 year B-VISA :roll: On Monday, I will have the wife call.

I really want to avoid dealing with the border patrol in Poipet - - charging for the entry and exit stamps, my foot! :x

The usual Tourist VISA gets voided after 1 use, unlike a few years back, in 2004.

Thenk you so much for your answers!

Chris