Cambodia to Veit Nam

ntb

Aug 18, 2009
Can anyone give some up to date info about crossing into VN from Cambodia with my bike. My bike is 400cc and registered in Cambodia and I have a Cambodian license. Is it hassle free yet? Does it still cost a small fortune to do it?

mickba

Jan 19, 2009
Hoping to see some answers to this thread.

Is it possible these days?

One bike would be a 250cc with Thai plates and Thai entry paperwork from Poipet.

The other bike/s would be <150cc on Cambodia plates.

All bikes owned by the riders and paperwork correct.

Any up to date info' appreciated.

Jan 9, 2011
Gents, officially you CAN'T do it without an agent (up to now, later I don't know).
Someone may be let go by his fortune, as you said. But the chance is very narrow and tricky.
The motorcycle and car price are pretty much different between Vietnam and Cambodia, and the custom doesn't like us to bring our motorcycle, it could be assumed as motorcycle smuggling.
And more, Vietnam and Cambodia yet to sign the transportation agreement (Laos and Vietnam did), so it's really hard to play with.
You may try Laos' borders, they are more friendly, as the agreement is there.

mickba

Jan 19, 2009
VietHorse;302665 wrote: Gents, officially you CAN'T do it without an agent (up to now, later I don't know).
Someone may be let go by his fortune, as you said. But the chance is very narrow and tricky.
Thanks for the reply.

That's as I understood it 4 years ago when, in the end, we flew in, bought bikes in Hanoi and sold them in Saigon.
I thought things might have changed, but as you say, there's a big price differential.