Chiang Mai 5 day trip

Oct 2, 2009
Hey there,

I'm planning a 5 day trip starting from either Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai but have to finish in Chiang Mai....any recommendations?

Is the tip to Pai worth it? Do you know of any bike places to pick from Chiang Rai and dropping off Chiang Mai?

Cheers,
Gareth

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Gareth,
If you spend a little time reading the trip reports in the Northern section, you will find many different routes with some excellent photographs and stories, from them you will be able to choose something you would enjoy.
Plenty of info on the board on hire places, many in Chiang Mai, not so sure on the Chiang Rai ones, but most people want the bike back where it started from.

Sep 25, 2009
Chiang Mai
Gareth,
Not sure what sort of trip u r planning, or if u want company, but I will be in Chiang Mai from Oct 27th to Nov 4th and hoping to do some motorcycle touring myself.
Have booked a week on a Super Moto trip from the 5th, but am free in the 9 days leading up to that.
If u interested in hooking up & doing some riding, then give me as shout.
Rgds, Russ.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
ASBO-Holidays wrote: Hey there,

I'm planning a 5 day trip starting from either Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai but have to finish in Chiang Mai....any recommendations?

Is the tip to Pai worth it? Do you know of any bike places to pick from Chiang Rai and dropping off Chiang Mai?

Cheers,
Gareth
Look at the trip reports that have been done on the Mae Hong Son loop. You can start and finish from Chiang Mai. It includes Pai and many other possible side trips around the loop (get the map). You will fill your 5 days easily. :D