Chiang Mai to Huahin in one day, route recommendations.

Discussion in 'Central Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by 0zz1, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 0zz1

0zz1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will be driving from CM to Huahin on 19th of November (hopefully dry already), but im sure BKK still got some flooding so wanna void that.... I know its a bit long stretch, but can it be done?

I looked this route from Google maps http://g.co/maps/8w4zh
    it says 17 hrs but thats total nonsense right?

I will most likely drive with Kawasaki Versys alltough its possible that I will leave with Phantom... so no off roads =)

I dont think I have drove such a long stretch before at one go. I did CM to Nong Khai and that took a bit over 8 hrs with ER6n, but this time I think I will need to go a little slower.

But can that be done in 12 hrs, with few short stops? Is there better routes? nicer roads.

All comments / ideas highly appreciated!

2. Cruising

Cruising Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently drove from HH to CM via Suphan Buri in about 10-11 hours.
    It's slightly longer but way easier, less congested and maybe better roads?

Turning off the 1 at Uthai Thani then using the 340 and 321 and connecting with the 4 at Nakhon Pathom.

3. nolanyusof

nolanyusof Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi Ozz... I have ride with my Versys last year from Cha Am to Chiang Rai... It took us about 13 hours... but fr Chiang Mai It think it will be a bit shorter distance... I'm using road 1 than at Uthai Thani on road 333 to Uthong then 321 to Nakhon Pathon then to Road 4 ... The route has less traffic and we only have 4 fueling stop b4 reach the destination...