Chiang Rai Motorcycle Accessory Shop

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
After a couple of hectic months I finally managed a night in Chiang Rai was able to catch up Chiang Rai Saddle Bags & boy was I pleasantly surprised.

268017=3355-img_8161.jpg

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/index.html

CR Saddlebags has the largest selection of motorcycle saddlebags in the north of Thailand. In addition to saddlebags, front bags, tool rolls, tool bags and rear bags for cruisers-style motorcycles, we carry the north’s largest selection of tank bags for sport bikes and cruisers. We carry several lines of motorcycle clothing and armor, BlueTooth Intercoms and communication devices, panniers, gloves, bandanas, motorcycle rain suits, motorcycle phone holders, and other accessories. Scoyco brand of tank bags, jackets, pants and gloves can be found in our shop, along with several other brands. We also rent motorcycle gear. If you’re on a short vacation, gear rental may be a better solution for your ride than buying.
268017=3356-img_8131.jpg

268017=3357-img_8132.jpg

268017=3358-img_8133.jpg

Check out these tang bags with GPS / Phone pockets

268017=3359-img_8156.jpg

268017=3360-img_8150.jpg

268017=3361-img_8149.jpg

268017=3362-img_8146.jpg

Saddle bags

268017=3363-img_8144.jpg

268017=3364-img_8143.jpg

268017=3365-img_8140.jpg

268017=3366-img_8137.jpg

268017=3367-img_8135.jpg

268017=3368-img_8134.jpg

Rain pants!

268017=3369-img_8139.jpg

Body armour

268017=3370-img_8136.jpg

Located in the Den Haa area of Chiang Rai at 137 Moo 5, Hong Lee Road, Meung, Chiang Rai. GPS coordinates are N 19 90.201, E 99 81.201.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&fb=1&gl=th&hq=saddlebags&hnear=Chiang+Rai&source=embed&msa=0&msid=207106159428293716742.0004a18e3cf5ec7649d7d&ll=19.933978,99.946747&spn=0.362774,0.617294&t=h&z=11&iwloc=0004a18e58e45c89144c6

If you're looking for farang size riding gear & accessories check em out.
You will be surprised & impressed.I was!

And for quite a few riders there's no need to go searching in Tachilek now. Chiang Rai Saddle bags is better & more conveniently located.

New Versys & ER6 riders looking for bags 'n gear, make the trip & check them out.

Pop in to see them when you're in Chiang Rai, or just passing through even.

Highly recommended.

:thumbup:

Jubby

Sep 24, 2010
Azoulay;268021 wrote: Hi David,

Any price ideas ?

It seems to exhibit some well known brands, are they originals ?
I bought an Alpinestars Tank bag from there. I've had it a few months now. Its very good Quality. A brilliant piece of Kit. its expandable, probably the only luggage I'd need for a week long trip. It was less than half-price of the ones selling in UK, so I was dubious at first. But as I say its very good quality.
Theres obviously a huge mark up in the UK or thailand even.

This shop is trying to give us fair prices over here, thats a fact. :thumbup:

The Customer Service is extraordinaire for Thailand. They will bend over backwards. I wish them every success.

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Funny, I just met the guy (the husband) in Tammila some weeks ago. I told him that he had a nice jacket and he answered that he bought it from his wife and gave me her card! I am happy to see the collection, seems worth to have a drive there. I am desperate for really waterproof stuff, mine do not hold the bottle!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Just in from another GT run & dropped into Chiang Rai saddle bags.

Some more good saddlebags

268341=3481-img_8303.jpg

new stock of Yellow Corn jackets

268341=3482-img_8310.jpg

& Happy Go Lucky wants a blue one to match her blue D-Tracker.

A pair of farang size M-X boots

268341=3483-img_8308.jpg

worn once & sorry guys I forget the size & price,

A new tank bag display

268341=3484-img_8309.jpg

well worth checking out.

Apr 16, 2011
Hi All

I got myself a tang bag from Chaing Rai saddle bags the service was great and recived the bag via post and i am very happy with the bag and have used it on a couple for trips and it fits my ninja 250 perfect and recommend the to all and hope that they do great business. I hope to get up there and check out there shop and meet Marty and his wife in the future

Cjeers
Grubman

Dec 15, 2010
Found the shop on Google maps last year and got my saddle bags there, passed over there from time to time when in Chiang Rai. They told me before they will have protection gear soon, so I went yesterday to check for something for my Misses. They had a second hand (two time worn) Bates Jacket and Yellow corn trousers for 5300 THB what fits her perfectly. It's exactly the same I bought in Tachilek for 7100 THB. Which you luck Marty.

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
Thanks David, most useful. I need to get some boots and couldn't find any big enough in Tachilek.

Jun 24, 2011
Hello ianyonok.

I am Woraphat, at Chiang Rai Saddlebags. I am sorry to report that we do not have a selection of boots at this time. We have focused on saddlebags, tank bags, jackets etc. In the future, we hope to find a good boot company with good prices.

Please stop and visit with us when you can anyway. We are always happy to meet new riders and to offer a cup of coffee or a cold drink in the shade.

ianyonok;268985 wrote: Thanks David, most useful. I need to get some boots and couldn't find any big enough in Tachilek.

Jun 24, 2011
Hello All. Just a quick update from Chiang Rai Saddlebags. We offer Veloil Chain Lube Spray and the One Armed Standit bike stand at our shop. We ship throughout Thailand every business day via EMS and provide tracking numbers and website. Veloil is 100 baht per can and the One Armed Standit is 1,000 baht. One free can of Veloil is provided with single purchases of the One Armed Standit.

The 200 ml can of Veloil Chain Lube Spray takes up little space in your bags and the light-weight One Armed Standit was made for travel. No need to wait until you finish a road trip to do a little chain maintenance. With these two items, a couple of minutes at the guest house in the evening will keep your chain protected and running smooth and quiet.

Veloil Chain Lube Spray:
1. Excellent penetration
2. A non-fling film creates a water barrier with excellent anti-wear and extreme pressure properties
3. Rust Prevention
4. Will not pick up road dirt, therefore preventing any excess wear
5. Will not wash out

One Armed Standit Bike Stand:
1. One man operation
2. Aluminum or stainless steel choice
3. Adjustable for different bike heights
4. Light and thin but strong and durable
5. Velcro strap front brake handle lock
If you aren't sure if either product is right for you, stop by our shop any time and try out one or both for free. We keep a One Armed Standit available for customer use and trials and we always have an open can of Veloil Chain Lube so customers can maintain their chain while they are here.

We offer discounts for purchases of six or more cans of Veloil and we discount purchases of five or more One Armed Standits. Both items make great gifts for your riding buddies and for raffle items or prizes for your riding club or group.

Stop by Chiang Rai Saddlebags and browse our many products while you enjoy a free cup of coffee or a cold drink. Give your chain a little lifesaving maintenance for free while you're here. We also offer GT-Rider shirts and maps, in addition to a new line of "Route 69" T-shirts. You're always welcome to the friendliest motorcycle accessories shop in Thailand. And visit our website often. There is always something new at Chiang Rai Saddlebags. We carry lots of items in addition to the saddlebags.

Jun 24, 2011
Hello All. Just a quick update from Chiang Rai Saddlebags. We offer Veloil Chain Lube Spray and the One Armed Standit bike stand at our shop. We ship throughout Thailand every business day via EMS and provide tracking numbers and website. Veloil is 100 baht per can and the One Armed Standit is 1,000 baht. One free can of Veloil is provided with single purchases of the One Armed Standit.

The 200 ml can of Veloil Chain Lube Spray takes up little space in your bags and the light-weight One Armed Standit was made for travel. No need to wait until you finish a road trip to do a little chain maintenance. With these two items, a couple of minutes at the guest house in the evening will keep your chain protected and running smooth and quiet.

Veloil Chain Lube Spray:
1. Excellent penetration
2. A non-fling film creates a water barrier with excellent anti-wear and extreme pressure properties
3. Rust Prevention
4. Will not pick up road dirt, therefore preventing any excess wear
5. Will not wash out

One Armed Standit Bike Stand:
1. One man operation
2. Aluminum or stainless steel choice
3. Adjustable for different bike heights
4. Light and thin but strong and durable
5. Velcro strap front brake handle lock
If you aren't sure if either product is right for you, stop by our shop any time and try out one or both for free. We keep a One Armed Standit available for customer use and trials and we always have an open can of Veloil Chain Lube so customers can maintain their chain while they are here.

We offer discounts for purchases of six or more cans of Veloil and we discount purchases of five or more One Armed Standits. Both items make great gifts for your riding buddies and for raffle items or prizes for your riding club or group.

Stop by Chiang Rai Saddlebags and browse our many products while you enjoy a free cup of coffee or a cold drink. Give your chain a little lifesaving maintenance for free while you're here. We also offer GT-Rider shirts and maps, in addition to a new line of "Route 69" T-shirts. You're always welcome to the friendliest motorcycle accessories shop in Thailand. And visit our website often. There is always something new at Chiang Rai Saddlebags. We carry lots of items in addition to the saddlebags.

Jun 24, 2011
Hello all.

I am Woraphat at Chiang Rai Saddlebags and Biker Gear.

I wish to inform you that we now carry the tax disc holders for motorcycles. Now there is no need to tape that tax paper onto your motorcycle. The clear cylinder style holder stores and displays your tax paper while helping you maintain that clean look on your ride. We are also having some good successes with finding new model of motorcycle luggage racks. If any of you are looking for specific racks, let us know and we will see if we can help. We are trying to increase our selection so if there are items you wish to see here, please let us know.

We are currently constructing an outdoor, covered rest and relax lounge for our travelling customers. As always, we offer free coffee and ice water or tea but we will be adding a limited menu of sandwiches, snacks, soda, beer and perhaps burgers in the near future. If there is something you would like to see on the menu, please let us know.

We offer a free chain lube for any visiting customers. Stop in and feel free to use our in-house One Armed Standit motorcycle stand and apply a generous coating of Veloil Chain Spray Lube to your chain while you're here.

If you wish to contact us, via e-mail or phone, please click on our advertising banner on this forum and visit our contact page on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks to all of the GT-Rider forum users for helping to spread the word about our shop and services. We enjoy providing product and services to our customers but we also enjoy and appreciate all the new friends we have made through the GT-Rider forum. We look forward to meeting more of you.

Jun 24, 2011
Hello to all from Chiang Rai Saddlebags and Biker Gear.

We now carry the tail rack for the CBR250R in black or chrome. They work great for securing a pack, bag or tail box to. We also carry tail boxes (top boxes) now but they move so fast it is difficult to keep them in stock. We can reserve one for you if you like. We are looking for more racks for more models of bikes. If you have a request, please drop us a line or stop by and tell us what you are looking for. You can contact us via the contact button on our website by clicking on the advertising link on these GT-Rider pages and going to our website contact page.

Woraphat

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
Worophat,
I cannot send you a private message for some reason.
Please hold a chrome tail rack for me please.

Best,
JB

Jun 24, 2011
Happy to do for you, JB. Will hold for 7 days. If you need more time, please contact us on the website.
Woraphat

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
Hi Woraphat,
So when will you be posting up some photos of your visitors on the website. A certain Ducati & Kawasaki owners are curious :)
Cheers,
Garry

Feb 19, 2011
Hi Woraphat and Marty.
My wife and I were in there a couple of weeks ago on the Kawasaki Vulcan and I would like to thank you for your hospitality. I will ask my wife to stop by and check out your tax disk holders. I am back in Afghanistan working so if you need anything from a country with nothing to offer let me know.
Steve & Nida

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
I needed to do a visa run so I decided to stop by and pick up my chrome tail rack for the CBR 250. I am certainly glad I had the new GPS with me as the shop is a difficult find. The road sign near the shop has changed as well. It is well worth giving them a call before you go.

Marty and Woraphat

274351=7312-P1000690.jpg

Woraphat in the outside area that is a very comfy place for chilling out and having a cup of coffee. They want you to come and relax. If you buy something, all the better.

274351=7316-P1000689.jpg

274351=7314-P1000688.jpg

274351=7315-P1000699.jpg

274351=7313-P1000700.jpg

The shop

274351=7317-P1000694.jpg

274351=7319-P1000691.jpg

274351=7320-P1000696.jpg

274351=7321-P1000697.jpg

274351=7322-P1000693.jpg

274351=7323-P1000695.jpg

274351=7324-P1000692.jpg

274351=7318-P1000698.jpg

Marty and Woraphat are two of the sweetest people I have met since I moved here 5 months ago. This shop is highly recommended.

David: They need some GT Rider stickers!

Jun 24, 2011
Hello all.

J.B., thank you for the nice words. Welcome back any time

Garry, we are working on getting some new pics up on our site gallery. We have submitted quite a few changes for our web master. He will get to them soon. But we still have those pics you are referring to. :smile1:

Sam, tell your little lady to come visit us any time, whether she is shopping for you or just wants to visit over a cup of coffee.

Everyone, we finally have finished our Coffee Stop and Biker Rest Area. Please feel free to stop in for a free cup of coffee or a cold drink. We are always happy to see old friends and meet new ones. If you're in CR and need a place to rest up or kill some time, we welcome you to do it here. Also, our shop is heated is the cold season and air conditioned in the hit season for your comfort. So, if you have hit the road too early one morning this season and find yourself chilled to the bone, have a seat and a hot coffee in our shop and warm up. We are also serving Sausage King pot pies these day, with more lunch items coming soon.

The BKK floods have taken a toll on our importing and supply system. But finally, things are starting to return to normal and we are receiving new products every few days. If there is something you have been waiting for, contact us on our website contact page and we will let you know if it is in stock now. To get to our website contact page and e-mail address, just hit the ad link on this page or click on the link in this post. But if our ad is showing on this page, please use it. That helps this site to grow and become better and you are supporting the site. http://crsaddlebags.com/

If any of you have trouble finding us in CR, just keep our phone number handy and give us a call. We will go find you and you can follow us to the shop.

Woraphat

Jun 24, 2011
Hello All.
Chiang Rai Saddlebags and Biker Gear offers sheep skin for use as motorcycle seat covers. Enjoy a cooler ride on those long trips. These are medium grade sheep skins with wool / fleece intact. We typically offer these at 850 baht for approximately 45 x 45 centimeter square (18 x 18 inches. Sizes and square shapes are approximate. No strap or string attached, these will need to be fitted to a seat if you want them to be permanent. Most riders just throw them on the seat for long rides and remove them when not riding. These skins come to us as second hand from larger projects and we cut them to size.

Shipping throughout Thailand via EMS is approximately 100 baht for one 45 cm x 45 cm piece.

These orders sell out quickly but we can replenish stock in a short time when needed.

Ideal for motorcycle seats, these skins increase your comfort on long distances. The skins can also be fashioned into other style of seat covers by a competent craftsman. Uses include car and truck seat covers and any other seat that would benefit form allowing more air between the user and the seat.

The sheepskins on hand right now are medium grade, medium softness on the tanned portion and the wool is yellowish in color. White wool and higher grades of softness on the tanned portion are available by special order for higher prices.

These sheep skins are not on our website yet but will be soon. Visit our website to often to see what is new.

Woraphat