Chicken Chasers

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Thinking of getting a CVT Chicken Chaser. For the wife..Yeah right.
Has anyone tried more than one and have any opinions of Honda vs Yamaha. The one that caches my eye is the Yamaha Fino Limited Edition but....I'm open to constructive opinions as Honda is liquid cooled etc.

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Being the secretary of Pattaya Nouvo Club I can only make one recomendation. Buy a Yamaha Nouvo!!!!! Our president has more than 20.000 km done in one year and no problem. It also has bigger wheels than the Honda and a good working aircooling is better than watercooling with many more parts than can brake down. And when you have bought it to your wife go to a Nouvo accessories shop and you can have some fun yourself. You can buy the best Brembo Brakes and Ohlins shocks and fancy colour rims and motorcases in all colours ....... don't take your wife with you when you are shopping!!!!!

HIKO

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Thanks but Fino Limited has same engine and looks way more '60's Lambretta cool. I can hear the GT groans already.
Tech geek that i am I notice that Honda's water cooling allows for 11:1 compression so maybe they are quicker?

jon

Nov 3, 2006
I spoke to Mr Beer before buying a Yamaha Mio.He has quite a few for rent.Said they were good and had enough power to take two falangs up Doi Suthep.He also had a few Honda Clicks but didn't like them as much saying they were underpowered.Have you seen the ad on Thai TV for the Yamaha Fino? Basically a tough looking Thai guy comes out and sits on his Fino but it won't start.He goes back inside and changes into a pink dress and a wig.The bike starts and of they ride.I don't know if that will help in your buying decision?

jon

Nov 3, 2006
Have you bought a chicken chaser yet ? I have had a Mio for the last year and quite like it.Ilike the engine and the brakes( front disc) are really good.It is strange not having to do anything with your feet as the back brake is on the bars.Petrol tank is a bit small.It is a bit flighty and even the slightest body movement can make the bike change direction.Not having anything between the knees is also a bit odd.But having said that I have seen some Thai guys flying round the go cart track on them.