China Cross Country Begins Tomorrow!

kurisu

Feb 14, 2008
I will begin my China and SE Asia motorcycle trip tomorrow when I arrive in Shanghai.

I've got it worked out with a Chinese guy there to help me register a bike. I plan to buy the bike in Wuxi city when I arrive. I will ride South and West toward Yunan and then cross over into Laos (If they let me out of the country with a bike and no license!) then through SE Asia and toward Indonesia.

I've already worked through most of the major hurdles. I will post more about the registering and buying of the bike when it happens in the next few days.

I will keep my blog: Link removed
updated every time I check into an internet cafe along the way.

Over.

Chris

kurisu

Feb 14, 2008
Got the bike. Wanted a 200 but those look rather scarce around here c. the bike ban. So, I ended up with a spritely Suzuki 125. I did Korea by 125, so hopefully this will be doable. If not, I guess I can ditch it for something else.

Chris

pics at:

website

Nov 14, 2004
Kuri keep us all updated on the trip, stay upright thats a lot of klm to Indo.

You may need a larger rice burner or a Minsk!!! Scott :shock:

kurisu

Feb 14, 2008
Just want to let everyone know that after a hiatus (sold first bike in Huangshan and took buses and trains through China to Yunnan) that I am back on the roads - this time, better armed with an off-road style (dirt bike). The riding is awesome! I have made it all the way from the NW corner of Yunna to the southernmost part bordering Laos and Myanmar.

Check out my blog for pics etc. website

Chris

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
martinwhite45 wrote: What kind of bike did you buy?
Martin
Here's the bike & Chris in Luang Prabang a few days ago.
393762650_FrfjW-M.jpg

Sep 29, 2008
Thanks David... looks like a zongshen 150 GY. I am interested to see how that has been holding up through some punishment.

You hear so many stories about the reliability of china bikes. Zongshen especially.

Marty.