DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Watch out for these new GTR supporters

Corner Adventures

Check 'em out. Real exotic interesting motorcycle tours starting from inside China to Laos / Thailand / Cambodia / Myanmar.
Well worth investigating.

298589=18910-GTR-CornerAdventures.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Wow, exciting stuff and I see they do a lot more than "just" China. :clap:

All Inclusive Motorycle Tours with Trips Through China, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, and Laos

They use some interesting Chinese bikes too:
Bikes%20Together.jpg

All of our bikes are 2013 and 2014 models of Jialing JH600-A and JH600B-A [with sidecar].

They look a lot like the V-Strom 650, except they are thumpers. Interesting! This is a bike I wouldn't mind trying!

Reckon it's time our Fearless Leader adds a CHINA section to the forum :thumbup:

George HuaHin

Subscribed
Jul 25, 2011
Hua Hin
TonyBKK;298618 wrote:
Reckon it's time our Fearless Leader adds a CHINA section to the forum :thumbup:
Reading the forum in China is no fun at all.
It takes endless to load due to all twitter, facebook and other links.
I am always wondering why a forum need such.

Mar 30, 2010
Ian Bungy;298613 wrote: I am definitely up for one of their Trips!!!
Certainly looks interesting, straight to the source.. No dealing with a middleman here in Thailand and paying over the odds.

Lets look at getting on one of these trips in the not too distant future..

Cheers
Brian

Apr 20, 2014
Dear Riders,

Overview of upcoming bike tours:

April 26 Cambodia loop 8 Days
Highlights: The World Famous Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, White Beaches.
Cost: Driver 2400euro Passenger 1200euro

June 15 Laos loop 6 Days
Highlights: Luang Prabang UNESCO World Heritage City, Mekong River, Plain of Jars, Vang Vieng
Cost: Driver 1800euro Passenger 900 euro

July 19 Kathmandu Nepal to Lhasa Tibet 6 Days
Highlights: Kathmandu, Border crossing, Mt. Everest, Potala Palace.
Cost: Driver 2800euro Passenger 1800euro
Note: This tour cost more since it includes mandatory Tibet permits.

August 8 Yunnan Round trip 11days
Highlights: Ethnic Minority Villages, Dali, Shangri-la, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Lijiang UNESCO World Heritage City, Yuan Yang famous rice terraces, Pu'er Tea Capital of the world.
Cost: Driver 2900euro Passenger 1450euro

September 12 , South-China to Cambodia via Laos and Thailand 9 Days
Highlights: Border China-Laos, Luang Prabang UNESCO World Heritage City, Mekong River, Vang Vieng and the world famous Angkor Wat.
Cost: Driver 2700 euro Passenger 1350 euro

October 3, Cambodia-Thailand-Myanmar-China 13 Days
Highlights: Angkor Wat, Bangkok, Thai-Myanmar border, Yangoon, Ancient temple city of Bagan, Shan State, Mandalay.
Cost: Driver 3900 euro Passenger 2900 euro
Note: This tour cost more since it includes mandatory Myanmar permits.

All our prices include:
-Comfortable Strong Reliable New 600cc Adventure bikes also sidecars available.
-High quality accommodation.
-Visa's
-Experienced Guide
-Fuel for entire trip.
-Support Vehicle
-Border crossing permits for bikes
-Temporary Chinese driving license

I'm glad to see so many positive reactions!

Mar 30, 2010
Corner Adventures;298637 wrote: Dear Riders,

Overview of upcoming bike tours:

April 26 Cambodia loop 8 Days
Highlights: The World Famous Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, White Beaches.
Cost: Driver 2400euro Passenger 1200euro

June 15 Laos loop 6 Days
Highlights: Luang Prabang UNESCO World Heritage City, Mekong River, Plain of Jars, Vang Vieng
Cost: Driver 1800euro Passenger 900 euro

July 19 Kathmandu Nepal to Lhasa Tibet 6 Days
Highlights: Kathmandu, Border crossing, Mt. Everest, Potala Palace.
Cost: Driver 2800euro Passenger 1800euro
Note: This tour cost more since it includes mandatory Tibet permits.

August 8 Yunnan Round trip 11days
Highlights: Ethnic Minority Villages, Dali, Shangri-la, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Lijiang UNESCO World Heritage City, Yuan Yang famous rice terraces, Pu'er Tea Capital of the world.
Cost: Driver 2900euro Passenger 1450euro

September 12 , South-China to Cambodia via Laos and Thailand 9 Days
Highlights: Border China-Laos, Luang Prabang UNESCO World Heritage City, Mekong River, Vang Vieng and the world famous Angkor Wat.
Cost: Driver 2700 euro Passenger 1350 euro

October 3, Cambodia-Thailand-Myanmar-China 13 Days
Highlights: Angkor Wat, Bangkok, Thai-Myanmar border, Yangoon, Ancient temple city of Bagan, Shan State, Mandalay.
Cost: Driver 3900 euro Passenger 2900 euro
Note: This tour cost more since it includes mandatory Myanmar permits.

All our prices include:
-Comfortable Strong Reliable New 600cc Adventure bikes also sidecars available.
-High quality accommodation.
-Visa's
-Experienced Guide
-Fuel for entire trip.
-Support Vehicle
-Border crossing permits for bikes
-Temporary Chinese driving license

I'm glad to see so many positive reactions!
Thanks for your info.. A lot of people are very interested.

Cheers
Brian

Apr 20, 2014
Dear Marcel,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Willem Vermeulen, I am the Tour operator of Corner Adventures and I live in Shanghai (so no middle man).

There is a very simple reason why our company is registered in HK - it is legally part of China, has a favorable tax system, and is the easiest way to do business in China.

Regarding the insurance part - it is for third parties. If you wreck a bike, you have to pay for it. On the Terms and Conditions section, you'll see that we also require you to have a travel insurance before you can go on a trip with us. So if there is any damaged caused by the driver to the bike, Corner Adventures will give you an official invoice of the damages so you can later declare this to you travel insurance.

Hope to have answered and explained all your questions and concerns.

Hope to see you on one of our tours!

Kind Regards,

Willem Vermeulen
Tour Operator

www.corneradventures.com

Mar 30, 2010
"Regarding the insurance part - it is for third parties. If you wreck a bike, you have to pay for it. On the Terms and Conditions section, you'll see that we also require you to have a travel insurance before you can go on a trip with us. So if there is any damaged caused by the driver to the bike, Corner Adventures will give you an official invoice of the damages so you can later declare this to you travel insurance."

Hi Willem,

Are you able to recommend a travel insurance company that covers the rental bike too?

The bulk standard travel insurance people take out (including myself) is usually for health / accident and incidentals.
Not a rental vehicle, expensive cameras etc.

Cheers
Brian

Apr 21, 2014
All,
Thanks for all the interest in our tours! Our website has only been up for a few months and I didn't have the "About Us" page finished so sorry if it was difficult finding out who is actually running the tours. We run all the tours ourselves and are always the tour-leads. In some places, we leverage local partners to ensure we find the best local restaurants and not-so-well-known attractions, but Willem or I lead every tour ourselves.

Here is our "About Us" section that has just been added to our website, www.corneradventures.com

After an epic motorcycle trip through Xinjiang, China, the three of us decided to set up a tour company to provide others the same enjoyment that we had. Crossing borders and getting the various permits and insurance in places such as Myanmar and Tibet can be quite a hassle which deters a lot of would-be riders. However, the places that are the most difficult to get into also happen to be the most interesting and fun rides. After months of working with local governments, we now have the infrastructure and logistics to confidently bring other riders on our trips.

Willem Vermeulen is a lifelong rider from The Netherlands who grew up in Hong Kong and has spent the last four years in Shanghai. He now splits his time between China and Cambodia and is the leader for every tour that we run. His favorite trip was driving a Chang Jiang 750 from Shanghai to Amsterdam - 17,000km in 90 days through 19 different countries.

Tim Inglis has been riding motorcycles through Asia since he arrived 3 years ago. Originally from the US, he is now based in Shanghai working for Google and running motorcycle tours every chance he gets. His favorite trip was driving the border of Yunnan touching Vietnam, Laos, and Myanmar.

Patrick Pfahlert has lived the past 20 years in China. Fluent in Mandarin, he runs many of our China tours and coordinates trips with riders who are not comfortable with English. He loves the bikes, but he also drives our favorite support vehicle, a Ford F150 Raptor! His favorite trip was off-road riding in Inner Mongolia and ending in the Russian-Chinese city of Manzhouli.

Thanks again for your interest. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or check out our website: www.corneradventures.com to learn about our upcoming trips!

-Tim

Dec 27, 2007
Personally, as long as covered for medical and liability I wouldn't lose much sleep over insuring the rental bike. Those Jialings look pretty tough and even if you managed to total one I suspect they're not terribly expensive.

Really like the look of those Jialing bikes- first Chinese bike I've seen that I actually want to ride!!

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Brian,

You are right, coverage for rental equipment is almost never in the standard travel insurance package.
However most company's will offer it at a premium. Personal history and age will play a role in the extra cost.
Will make it more clear on our website that it is advisable to get a insurance that does cover it.

2 years ago I was in Phuket Thailand, rented a 250cc dirt bike, end of the day a crack in the handle bar.(was just tired aluminum)
They charged me 10.000 Baht for a handle bar that probably only cost a 1000 Bath, and wasn't even my fault. I got the police involved, anyway one big drama.
Ended up paying 10.000 Bath.

Reason for this story, we don't run our company like this!
We have no intention to make money on damages, just cost price of a part that needs replacing.

Here a few company's that will provide insurance for rental equipment:
http://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/aa/selectaplan.aspx?product=001003454
http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance/carrental.asp
http://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/carhireinsurance/
http://www.wyndhamvacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/alabama/gulf-coast/vacation-rental-insurance.htm

Kind Regards,

Willem Vermeulen
Tour Operator

www.corneradventures.com