CM trip - please advise

Dec 26, 2011
I'm planning to ride up on my er6 to Chiang Mai for the New Year. Plan to spend about a week or more there. I have a few questions and would much appreciate advice/feedback. I would like to ride the amazing roads around Chiang Mai. What are the most recommended trips to do? I plan to get the Golden Triangle map. Does this contain the MHS loop and Mae Sa - Samoeng Loop as well? I would love to meet fellow bikers over a beer or food and know more. Where would be a good place/places? Thank you all so much.

Sep 4, 2007
Some fantastic roads, you can read all about them here. It's 3 maps you mention, not 1. And after riding, some great movie theatres. They had the Troll Hunter on the other day. Well worth seeing.

Dec 26, 2011
Hey there John, thank you for that reply. I went through the website and made a plan. Plan to do Doi Inthanon - Mae Cham - Mae Sarieng loop on day 1 as a day ride. Then head up to Fang - Chiang Rai on day 2. Then down to Phayao. Would you suggest that I return back to Chiang Mai and then do Phrae and Nan? Still trying to figure out the best possible plan to ride as many good roads as possible. Any place I could meet up fellow GT Riders for a beer in the evening in Chiang Mai? Thanks again.