Doi intanon - Mae Win - Mae Wang Loop under construction.

Jun 21, 2013
Anyone taking this loop should know that the road is currently completely gone for large sections. Surface has been removed and there is just mud or sand. Very dangerous. Locals said that they are planning on re-reading over the next 2 years. Unless you enjoy off road sections I would recommend staying away from this for a while.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Thanks for the information. That road has been deteriorating badly over the last couple years. Could you tell me what this means?

Locals said that they are planning on re-reading over the next 2 years.
I have no idea what " re-reading" means.

Oct 26, 2009
I'm no expert, but going by the valuable info provided in jack's post I would say its a typo and the road is being re-surfaced.....

Mar 30, 2010
johnnysneds;292691 wrote: I'm no expert, but going by the valuable info provided in jack's post I would say its a typo and the road is being re-surfaced.....
Agree.. Guess that was posted from a phone or tablet and auto correct kicked in..

Cheers
Brian

Jun 21, 2013
Yup, sorry, just a type, Re-surfaced, so large sections without any kind of surface at all. Not a fun drive in the rain.

Oct 29, 2013
jacksode;292671 wrote: Anyone taking this loop should know that the road is currently completely gone for large sections. Surface has been removed and there is just mud or sand. Very dangerous. Locals said that they are planning on re-reading over the next 2 years. Unless you enjoy off road sections I would recommend staying away from this for a while.
FYI: Rode it yesterday, still the same. Ride able but quiet bumpy at places

Johpa

Aug 22, 2005
The 1013 between Mae Sapok and the turn to Khun Wang and Khun Klang is under construction. It is a series of one-lane roads and some loose dirt where they are regrading. The good news is that the road to Khun Wang (1284?) is quite good at the moment until you take the left turn on the high traverse towards Khun Klang where it becomes quite broken.