Dry Bag repair tips?

Mar 30, 2010
G'day All,

A second dry bag I use for trips has a little hole in the bottom.
Nothing too crazy, but will let the water in if the bike goes under..

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to mend these holes?
Seems a waste to throw away the bag if it can be patched in a good manner.

Tips, repair kits or other ideas?

Don't believe the bags are getting damaged from the trip.. But after checking the bag in at the airport.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
Heh heh, if it was me I'd probably just use duct tape because my dry bags are cheap and I just replace them when they get damaged, but if you have a more expensive dry bag that is worth repairing I'd go to one of those automotive upholstery shops you see all over Bangkok and get some pvc material cut a patch, clean the dry bag with rubbing alcohol, rough the surface a bit with sandpaper to insure a good bond, then glue the patch with rubber cement. Ought to make for a pretty durable patch. :happy1:

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK;293506 wrote: Heh heh, if it was me I'd probably just use duct tape because my dry bags are cheap and I just replace them when they get damaged, but if you have a more expensive dry bag that is worth repairing I'd go to one of those automotive upholstery shops you see all over Bangkok and get some pvc material cut a patch, clean the dry bag with rubbing alcohol, rough the surface a bit with sandpaper to insure a good bond, then glue the patch with rubber cement. Ought to make for a pretty durable patch. :happy1:
Thanks for the idea.. Alan Pratt also suggested treating it like a puncture and sealing it from both sides.

Not that it that expensive.. Just a few thousand baht..
Seems a waste to not fix it when the bag is in good condition otherwise

Cheers
Brian