F1 track in Buriram

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Yes looking forward to it and hoping that it doesn't fall foul of the negatives expressed by the nothern visititors from Chaing Mai :)
Just a question to the detractors from OZ ?
How far do you have to travel to a top circuit?
America?
Canada?
Europe?
I used to travel the UK to races average about 200miles and what with different tracks not in a close proximity was hard work.
Indeed my mates son whom has just gone to the UK from Thailand SBK1 to race has said everything is a long way from anything.
Rumours were also that all the slash and burn meant the northern area was to polluted and they would have a smoke screen to race in
We shouldn't be lambasting this we should be supporting it as now the right people have started to take notice
and at last positive things will start (hopefully)
So please les of the slagging for us Isarn Residents as we love our Bikes and biking just as much as the rest of our Brothers and Sisters.

What was not mentioned was that there will be a dedicated supply of factory parts for all makes with a regular supply chain in close proximaty to the course and it .

But of course i live in hope like the rest of us that this isnt just another Bonaza dream of the wealthy.

3 Cheers for Sheik Newin.

my opinion and i am entitled to it as Fin says;)

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Fin,
We are starting an 'Isarn a Bikers hoteliers association' you interested?

Advance bookings now being taken for the opening race;)

Oct 20, 2012
ime made up 250 kms from my house to the track , i can live with that,,,,,IME VERY HAPPY,

i think MONSTERMAN is right though i ime a construction manager and there is no way it will be completed by october 2014 ,, it would be a struggle to do that in the uk

Jun 15, 2011
Linds;288296 wrote: Fin,
We are starting an 'Isarn a Bikers hoteliers association' you interested?

Advance bookings now being taken for the opening race;)
I'll work on this one Linds. I know a lot of the ' local ' bike lads, both Thai and otherwise. They have a great variety of bikes amongst them, Kawasaki, Honda, KTM, Harley, BMW and Ducati ( Monsterman ) and most of them are personally known to K. Newin -- he lets them park up in a special area outside the football stadium at home matches. I could also get the organisers of the local classic bike scene to arrange something too -- should be a laugh.

Jun 15, 2011
jimbobs;288333 wrote: ime made up 250 kms from my house to the track , i can live with that,,,,,IME VERY HAPPY,

i think MONSTERMAN is right though i ime a construction manager and there is no way it will be completed by october 2014 ,, it would be a struggle to do that in the uk
Jimbobs, I hesitantly agree with you that October 2014 would seem ambitious, but you have to live in and around Buriram to understand that Khun Newin doesn't do things half - heartedly. In the last couple of years he has improved the access road structure enormously. Most if not all roads into Buriram are now 4 lane. His football stadiums didn't take much longer, if that. At least he is someone who actually does what he says he'll do ( and that's pretty good for a politician from any country ).

Dec 27, 2007
Construction is already underway!!
jDOuGKK.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Construction is proceeding at a fast pace at the new Buriram Circuit!
10356618_10154169201070710_472779656_n.jpg

10409906_10154169204765710_249451240_n.jpg

Let's hope they can get it done before this country falls apart!! :mrgreen:

Dec 27, 2007
monsterman;288324 wrote: Complete Oct 4 next year?????????? THIS IS THAILAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to believe, but YES,
Chang International Racing Circuit
in Buriram is nearly complete and already hosting events!!!

10665893_717219421660312_362011679474584987_n.jpg

First big event scheduled for October 5th:
10646811_717219404993647_6914431818848455414_n.jpg

Jan 21, 2011
All hotels and resorts are almost fully booked in Buriram and Surin. For those who want to come don't wait any longer to reserve anything.

Oct 20, 2012
I don't usually like to be proved wrong but this time I am
3 hours from my house
will definitely be visiting when ime home
Looks a fantastic track

Jan 21, 2011
Davidfl;302091 wrote: Did anyone go?
Has anyone got any pics of the circuit to share - that would be cool.

Sorry didn't had time to react earlier. The first race had a good turn out. Well organized and lots of sideshows.

2reqo28.jpg

63xc3t.jpg

15nlzlz.jpg

2yxiuc3.jpg

1zgcc5z.jpg

14t0aqd.jpg

2rqmyye.jpg

5p0kyf.jpg

Pictures from the race from yesterday. They had to stop around 6 PM, to much rain.

2q3otvd.jpg

2q3otvd.jpg

161nvqw.jpg

2uj2vyc.jpg

14c9ys7.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thanks for that. Nice pics & its a damn good looking track. NC has done a great job there for the country.
Do you know when the first bike meeting is on.

Power On. sent from Sony Xperia AcroS

Jun 15, 2011
I am going to eat my words AND offer an apology to anyone I may have scoffed at regarding the so-called Buriram International Racetrack and it's location. Sorry, but the rest of this post is a moan, but then you may keep this in regard if you think about venturing here. Buriram International Racetrack indeed. They welcome teams and riders from around the globe but that's as far as the welcome is extended. Never before have I been made to feel so unwelcome. I am not just a foreigner, but I am an outsider who's presence is not wanted.The first time I visited the track with the ( Thai ) misses I noticed things before we even parked the car. All foreigners were directed to the small grandstand on the second straight, not the main grandstand above the pits. This is where all the hospitality was, with various displays etc. This is also where Yamaha launched their ' new bike '. Something spectacular maybe ? No, a 125 actually. This is also where Messrs Rossi, Lorenso, Espargaro and Smith made their appearance. Anyway, I digress. So having done a U-turn and sneaked behind the traffic marshall, we parked the car and went to the grandstand. " You can't come in here ". Huh ? " I said you can't come in here ". Why not ? " You are not wearing Yamaha t-shirts ". Huh ? " No t-shirt, no entry ". So where do we get the t-shirts ? " At the gun club by the football stadium ". OK, we got back in the car and went to the gun club. It gets better. My wife asked one of the 30 or so people holding bundles of Yamaha t-shirts for 2 please. " Where are you from ? " Prakhon Chai she replied. " Sorry, all Prakhon Chai t-shirts gone, you can't get in ". WTF !!! I imagine I was turning a shade of crimson by now, and I far exceed the diminutive stature of the t-shirt-holding guy. I asked him for 2 t-shirts -- please. " No ". I think this was the point that he realized his life was in imminent danger because the t-shirts were suddenly handed over. Back to the car and back to the parking area totally ignoring the traffic marshall who was also going crimson blowing his whistle at me. Incidentally, I had to wrap the t-shirt around my head as in Isaan rice farmer style because there was no way it was going over my shoulders let alone the rest of my manly figure. So, up we went into the grandstand. Point of interest. None of the girders you must walk under have any visual signs to stop you cracking your head open if you are above 1.50m. Once in the stand, we were suitably impressed. Yes, you can see the whole circuit from your seat -- unless of course, the seating stewards let a couple of hundred pubescent locals stand on the stairs in front of you. The seating stewards were only interested in making sure you didn't sit in the VIP seats, otherwise it was a free-for-all. After watching the MotoGP boys do their thing on some pretty small road bikes -- no, no MotoGP bikes it was time to exit the grandstand. And in true Thai organized style, the whole ' normal seating ' public could only exit the grandstand by the two furthest staircases. The other dozen or so staircases are for, yes, you guessed it, VIP's only. I was not the only one to be made to feel unwelcome either. The local lads turned up on an array of bikes, V-Strom's, Honda's etc only to be told that where they had parked was Kawasaki only parking. Luckily they were there in force and they left the bikes where they had parked them AND got in without the Yamaha t-shirts. Same went for last weekend at the Superbike racing. " You can't park there, Kawasaki only ". Other interesting points are that the only way an outsider can get a ticket is to buy online. Try buying a ticket in 7/11 -- no way. You can't get tickets at the track either.So to all the racing enthusiasts who feel hard done by with the track not being near Bangkok, you're welcome to it. There's no way I'm going to spend 1,500 baht albeit for 3 days. You are limited to the grandstands of which there are 3 but only 1 worth being in. Unlike most ' International ' racetracks, you are not permitted to sit anywhere else, nor are you free to wander around the circuit. In my own little way I feel that I may have the last laugh over Khun Newin because I got into his not-very-International Racetrack for free, and even got a free Yamaha t-shirt which didn't fit me.....