Facebook have done something very annoying!

Mar 30, 2010
Hi All,

Just discovered today that some of the pics to older posts no longer show.

After having a look at what was going on.. It seems that FB have changed the URLs

Expample below

New URL
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208927_452691568088114_997431486_n.jpg

-a-a.ak

Old URL
[DLMURL]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208927_452691568088114_997431486_n.jpg[/DLMURL]
-a.ak

The first letter used has changed as well as the dot. in other posts they use G and so on.

So if like me you have linked your pics via FB.. You may need to go back and check your posts..

But I will not be changing too much just yet..
Can't imagine FB will not get a lot of complaints about this and hopefully revert back to the original URLs..

Then again.. they may have done this by design.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
That really sucks- I've gotten used to just linking to pics from my fb account as it saves a lot of time. If it turns out those facebook links aren't going to last I'll have to run everything through photobucket and/or my own website. One more thing to add to the long list of things I dislike about fb :thumbdown:

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK;283491 wrote: That really sucks- I've gotten used to just linking to pics from my fb account as it saves a lot of time. If it turns out those facebook links aren't going to last I'll have to run everything through photobucket and/or my own website. One more thing to add to the long list of things I dislike about fb :thumbdown:
Couldn't agree more Tony. Will be looking at an alternative too.

As a work around..

Will create a new bunch of albums in FB with the pics that are no longer displayed in the trip report and then post a link to the Album at the top of the trip report..
Otherwise too time consuming to go back and tidy up the FB mess that is now there AND who knows when they will do this again.

Cheers
Brian

Nov 7, 2007
I too have this love/hate relation with FB ...i had before tried on Google+ which was very quiet that time but as it has grown ,and lot more of my Family/friends are there already so i hope this trend goes on....it works a lot better for pics too, and loads faster plus the Android app is awesome.
Someone really must wonder why FB keeps shooting in their own knees...besides this issue you mentioned, their FB App for android is pure crap ( they working on it they say, but with every update this seems to get worse )

Oct 15, 2012
Excuse my absolute stupidity here. Never used a forum b4.
HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD. is the button right in front of me and I'm going blind?

Pls Help anyone??? Thx

J

Javawa

AussieWheelchairTRIKEAsia;283511 wrote: Excuse my absolute stupidity here. Never used a forum b4.
HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD. is the button right in front of me and I'm going blind?

Pls Help anyone??? Thx
Go to the Forum (Close the thread) and you will see the "Post New Thread" button both on the Top and Bottom at the left side