Fallibilities / Funnies / Stuff Ups..........

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Spotted in Panda Rider in Bangkok

288786=15284-img_5819.jpg

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
[h=5]WOW; SO MEN go to TOILET and Then you can or Can't Beat me, if we would have this kind of Funny thing in this part of the world :take-that:[/h]

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Must be a payback time - a bit of a stuff up.......

Just been away for a few days & the bike got real dirt on that terrible road R1129 Chiang Saen - Chiang Khong.
Not a real problem, back home, just pop along to my usual bike wash that I have been using for a few years.
I park the bike & take off the Givi box & put them aside like always, to be wiped clean.
1 hour later I'm back, pick the bike up & go over to Kawasaki for a new sprocket set.
I pay & get the parts & go to put them in the Givi box - except they are 1/3 rd full of water.
Shit shit, they used the high pressure hose on the boxes.
I open the other box & sure enough there is my Canon G11 Camera & GPS swimming in the box!
The GPS is not a problem it is a marine 76CSX, but the camera is not a good swimmer.
Furious I go back to the bike wash to confront them.
I empty the water out of one box in front of them to show them the error of their ways.
All very funny - they laugh - then I pull out the wet GPS & non functioning camera dripping water.
They still laugh - think it is a big joke - my responsibility I should have taken out the camera.
Nothing to do with them.
I ask for compensation for the waterlogged 15,000 baht camera - still laughing. Not their problem.
The volume goes up & the son attempts to intervene & is told to go away.
I think about calling the police, but for what - hours of aggro & wasted discussions.
Eventually I force them to refund the 120 bash wash fee, & even that I had to force out of them.
Not even a sorry....sad to say.

So moral of the story make sure you leave nothing in your Givi boxes when your bike is getting washed - even when the boxes are not on the bike!

Jul 25, 2010
Personal I think the moral of the story is to keep bikes away from car washes with high pressure hoses. They do damage to everything with no thought as to the consequences and neither care.

Nov 21, 2010
I wanted to say "David can we have photos of that?" (as that would fit this subject in GTR) ....

But may I indeed agree with RonWebb .... since some ****ers at a car-wash in Pattaya ****ed up my Honda Sonic I have NEVER brought any of my motorbikes to a car-wash anymore. And I know some other stupid stories of car-wash boys & girls here in Thailand. And actually you might consider not washing your car there either as used in the wrong way it is actually not good for the paint of your car. My wife would rather wash the car herself (as she does) as bringing it to the car-wash.

But indeed for all this kind of mistakes we are actually only to blame ourselves. Check, check and double check again!

P.s. Olympus has a beautiful new PEN camera (MFT) on the market.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
The Mae Sai equivalent of the RAC.

This guy has good little business fixing flat tyres in Mae Sai, and he’s only a phone call away.
He carry’s spare tyres, tubes and a securely fitted air tank on he’s recuse vehicle.

For me, this photo shows what’s great about Thailand.

MotorcycleThailandMaeSai.jpg

Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
I sure most people have stayed in Nong Khai know the small group of beer bars at the end of the soi that runs parallel with the river. As you can see there was a big fire and it destroyed them completely.

I was told by a bar owner that the fire brigade wouldn't break down the doors to get to the fire, they instead waited for someone to bring a key.

The fire started at about 5am. I was staying 2 doors up and herd nothing.

Sad for the owners and staff.

NongKhai1.jpg

NongKhai2.jpg

Moto-Rex

Dec 27, 2007
I think we often forget and take for granted how lucky we are to be able to ride all year around! Many are not so fortunate!

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
The sign at the front of White Bar in Phayao.

What would the wowsers in the west think of Thai style responsible advertising.

DSCF6463.jpg