February in Cambodia

Sep 10, 2009
Hello,
New to this forum , but not to Asia. I'll be riding in Cambodia for all of February . I'm renting a bike from Lee at mrbikerental.
If anyone is around at the same time then I'd enjoy doing a stretch with someone.
Also, do I really need a GPS ? My budget will just about cope, but I was planning on hiring a guide as and when needed.
Anyone know if it's cheaper to buy 1 in Thailand than U.K.
Thanks for great site.

Paul

50 days .....and I'm free again

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
city-paul
Febuary is nice month...no raining but dusty :D :D u can rent the bike at Flying bikers shop..the owner is so nice....u can get guide from him..but if u facing any bike problem in combodia just call him his will sent a pickup to catch ur bike..hv nice riding/and safety. bro

ntb

Aug 18, 2009
I rode remote cambodia last Feb and March.I rode solo.Did not have a gps but ofcourse had maps.Got lost twice but not a big deal.Just back tracked and tried again.Always found my way.I hired a local out of Stung Trang to get me to Tbeng Meanchey.Cost me $25.Probably could have made it myself but would have taken a lot longer.It was worth it even though we did not speak each others language.He showed me some very cool places along the way and I got to meet people in small villages.We took the back way through Chheb Kandal.A great ride!!l I also rented my bike from Lee.Hope to get back there in January.Enjoy yourself.Feel free to reach me if you want any info. ntb